2011 in review

MCTFisher9120

Hey guys, well I spent a little time putting this together and I love doing this because I get to look through all the great pictures and memories each year brings me. This year must rank first in my most productive year fishing. I got to travel far north out east and got onto the Kawartha's more than I ever get to. It was a fun year and all I can do now and work and count down the days until ice fishing begins!

Here are pictures from ice fishing at the start of this year.

Pike fishing was slow this winter only landing a few fish and having all of them be small they still are a fun fight

ScreenHunter_05Oct152149.jpg

A Perch, got out with my dad a few times too thats always fun

ScreenHunter_02Oct152148.jpg

And some more

ScreenHunter_04Oct152149.jpg

Well the ice season was short lived with only a few trips out and mostly perch to show for it.

March came quick and my friend Gone Fishin and I got out one cold day onto Lake Ontario for some trolling action. With our first trip out I picked up my first brown, what a strong fish...still stunned at the fight it gave me.

ScreenHunter_06Oct152150.jpg

After that I did some perch fishing off shore in Lindsay and a little blugill fishing like every spring until Pike opener in May. We got 10 Pike on our opening day on spinnerbaits. Here were my two nicer fish.

ScreenHunter_08Oct152151.jpg

And another

ScreenHunter_07Oct152151.jpg

After this very day it was only a few weeks from my leaving of Oshawa and onto the north. I worked as a guide at Kesagami Wilderness Lodge for the summer and loved it. Such a fun experience. I think I'll be back there again.

Here are some of my catch's during "work" on the water :P

A Big Perch haha, kinda rare up there

ScreenHunter_10Oct152153.jpg

My first fish on the lake and even on my first cast of that silver minnow

ScreenHunter_11Oct152153.jpg

O the cold temps in May/Early June

ScreenHunter_13Oct152153.jpg

Another one of hundreds of walleye I caught

ScreenHunter_15Oct152153.jpg

My PB Pike, a 37" fatty

ScreenHunter_14Oct152153.jpg

Once back from a summer of guiding I was chomping at the bit to get out bass fishing missing a few weeks of the season being up north. I was home for a week then gone to my summer haunt out in Leeds and the Thousand Islands bass fishing every day for 30 days this time around. With a little engine on my boat and a couple rods I was ready to do some damage. Still didn't find my 6lb largemouth but that's fishing. I'll catch her next year :P

First of the trip

ScreenHunter_17Oct152154.jpg

ScreenHunter_18Oct152154.jpg

ScreenHunter_19Oct152154.jpg

Got to love my confidence bait.

ScreenHunter_20Oct152155.jpg

The little bassin machine parked in it's spot

ScreenHunter_21Oct152155.jpg

It took a week into August before I got into bigger than average size bass, starting with this 4lb range fish

ScreenHunter_24Oct152156.jpg

Morning fishing

ScreenHunter_25Oct152156.jpg

A little guy on the jig, that 20ft rock wall fishing I had success with the year before wasn't so good this time around. Only a few fish on the jigs on this camp trip.

ScreenHunter_26Oct152156.jpg

My uncle convinced me to wake up for the first light fishing the last few days of the trip...I should of been doing it since day 1. In just 2 mornings I got two bass over 5lbs...next year I'll be up using that popper for all 30 haha

ScreenHunter_28Oct152158.jpg

This was the first fish, it was a 5.0 on the scale. Caught it over 12ft of water close to the pads...the jumps this fish did was awesome

ScreenHunter_30Oct152158.jpg

Another frog fish

ScreenHunter_31Oct152159.jpg

Like I have had before I was fishing the frog really quickly past this thinner surface cover behind me and this nice pike blew up on the frog...covering water quickly gives some surprises sometimes

ScreenHunter_32Oct152159.jpg

A day or so later that second largemouth yet again hit the popper. It was a 5lb 8oz...caught it on the same shoreline area...might of found a little morning hotspot

ScreenHunter_33Oct152200.jpg

Another picture

ScreenHunter_34Oct152200.jpg

And my last bass of that trip, I love going out there to visit family and just plain out relax for a while.

ScreenHunter_35Oct152200.jpg

Once back home I got out onto some of the kawartha lakes for a few days on the water and even a little fishing tournament between a small group of boats. Had a great end of summer.

A nice 3-12 fishing docks.

Was nice getting into a few nice bass once home from my topwater heaven

ScreenHunter_36Oct152201.jpg

Next trip out we were faced with strong winds, and just the norm in cold front conditions and still had a great day bass fishing. Having approx 17 or 18lbs in out days biggest 5 bass

Here was my 5lb 2oz kawartha PB

ScreenHunter_37Oct152201.jpg

2nd pic

ScreenHunter_38Oct152201.jpg

Was a brute of a fight, caught this pig pitching a little jig.

After this I got out to Seymour for a tough day of fishing with a turnover. The weather was awesome I remember.

ScreenHunter_40Oct152202.jpg

And since then not much fishing has been going on for me, tried for pike once and didn't get any. Think it's time to put the gear away and get ready for ice fishing...planning on making some big trips this year.

Thanks for looking guys,

MTBF

Edited by MikeTheBassFisher

Thanks for sharing Mike.

I remember in the previous years your annual report is like a picture summary of all your reports throughout the year, and I would have already seen alot of them. Unfortunately I haven't been on OFC as much as of late but this is a nice way to catch up! :thumbsup_anim: