Snowy Day on Simcoe

Familyfisherman

OK, so my dad and I headed out for a quick morning fish on Lake Simcoe this morning -- just in the Bay.

Launched out of Tiffen...apparently we're idiots?

Lot.jpg

Had to spend some time "shovelling" the boat before we could get going... :unsure:

Boat.jpg

However...5 minutes into it on my first cast, we found the reason we endured the weather :thumbsup_anim:

NiceOne.jpg

Apparently the fish were hungry for steel today!

Ateit.jpg

My dad finally ditched the tube and managed one as well... :clapping:

Pops.jpg

Overall we fished for nearly 2 hours -- 7:30-9:15 or so...we did go 3 fish on 3 casts, but only totalled 5 fish. Might've been around 21lbs, no giants today. Bite was early, and died completely by 8:15am...some fish on bottom today, some remain suspended.

Enjoy the great fall fishing!

Was by there this morning and could'nt see any thing for the fog , the water looked clam and wished i had the boat with me, you would have had company . Awsome fish yous caught .Can some one tell me what i need to use to catch some of those ?

Edited by Skipper " D "

Was by there this morning and could'nt see any thing for the fog , the water looked clam and wished i had the boat with me, you would have had company . Awsome fish yous caught .Can some one tell me what i need to use to catch some of those ?

hmm. yes

Can some one tell me what i need to use to catch some of those ? -- Skipper D

Here's a few tips for you, I'll keep it general.

As fall progresses bass begin to feed heavily -- you can see this by the swollen bodies on many fish caught, and they'll often be spitting up minnows, etc on the way in and in the livewell in tournaments.

Fish also begin to move out deeper, leaving summer structure and chasing balls of bait and crayfish.

Many things work -- dropshotting is great in early fall, along with cranks, etc, mid fall it changes to tubes, bottom dragging, and a jigging spoon bite. Late fall is almost all bottom related (tubes, etc). Personally I've found tubes in green/brown with some purple flecks effective on Simcoe, but it changes depending on the day.

Spoons can be chrome coloured or gold, heavy flutter spoons. Cast them out, let them sink, then "snap" them 2-3 feet up and let them settle again and repeat...the fish are just there when you lift up.

Hardest part is finding the fish...on weekends you can just follow the other boats, but catches will be limited. If you can spend time at it to find schools of baitfish you'll do much better...search 20-50 fow.

November is awesome, except for the weather :) Floater suits are a great idea imo.

I realize this is pretty general...I'd suggest going with someone who knows what they're doing the first few times...it can be frustrating if you can't locate fish.

Good luck!

As fall progresses bass begin to feed heavily -- you can see this by the swollen bodies on many fish caught, and they'll often be spitting up minnows, etc on the way in and in the livewell in tournaments.

Fish also begin to move out deeper, leaving summer structure and chasing balls of bait and crayfish.

Many things work -- dropshotting is great in early fall, along with cranks, etc, mid fall it changes to tubes, bottom dragging, and a jigging spoon bite. Late fall is almost all bottom related (tubes, etc). Personally I've found tubes in green/brown with some purple flecks effective on Simcoe, but it changes depending on the day.

Spoons can be chrome coloured or gold, heavy flutter spoons. Cast them out, let them sink, then "snap" them 2-3 feet up and let them settle again and repeat...the fish are just there when you lift up.

Hardest part is finding the fish...on weekends you can just follow the other boats, but catches will be limited. If you can spend time at it to find schools of baitfish you'll do much better...search 20-50 fow.

November is awesome, except for the weather :) Floater suits are a great idea imo.

I realize this is pretty general...I'd suggest going with someone who knows what they're doing the first few times...it can be frustrating if you can't locate fish.

Good luck!

Thank you for your advice and i'll give those things a try, i would realy like to get out there and catch some thing other then a perch for a change . Thank you again .....

This is why this board is the best. Great tips for catching fall fish.

Cheers!

Good luck!