Adjusting flame on propane stove

lew

Natural gas isn't available in this area so we switched the nozzles in our kitchen stove to the propane nozzles that came with it. We then had line run in from an outside propane tank and connected to the stove.

Trouble is though, the propane flame is much hotter and even on the lowest setting, it's still too hot for some cooking.

I stopped into the local propane company yesterday and they said all I have to do is pull the knobs off the front of the stove and look down the tube and I'd see an adjustment screw. Simply insert a screw driver, turn the screw to the left and that would make the flame smaller.

Here's a couple pics of the tube the knob sits on and I can't see any adjustment there at all.

Does anybody know FOR SURE if the flame can actually be adjusted and if so, where bouts is the adjustment screw ??

002.jpg

003.jpg

004.jpg

Edited by lew

G Day Lew, some of the propane stoves have them for sure, the oven on my travel trailer has it. Right down inside the brass shaft, you may have to use a flat tip screwdriver, one something like a jewelers set or for eye glasses. Maybe yours doesn't. Have you checked google for your make/model for flame adjustment?

I found one for you here: http://research.rolfes.org/home/adjusting-the-simmer-flame-on-a-gas-stove/

Edited by Fisherman

Iam not certified any more , but where are you looking Lew , you have to locate the ventury , the ajustment screw is in it . Not sure on your but its a pipe about 1 inch in diameter 6 to 8 inchs long , the ajustment screw cuts back the amount of air to the flame.........

OK thanks Guys, I put on my glasses and used a flashlight to look down the shaft and sure enough, there's definetely an adjustment screw in there. I've got 2 sets of jewellers screw drivers but their not long enough to reach it, but I'll find something to work.

Thanks for the assist.

OK thanks Guys, I put on my glasses and used a flashlight to look down the shaft and sure enough, there's definetely an adjustment screw in there. I've got 2 sets of jewellers screw drivers but their not long enough to reach it, but I'll find something to work.

Thanks for the assist.

They gone and done something new again , its been since the late eightys since i worked on that stuff , glad you found them . Are they located in the cut outs on the brass shafts Lew ?

Yup, right down inside that shaft Skipper, maybe 1 1/2" or so.

I had a small bladed screwdriver with a long enough blade and it only took 5 minutes to adjust all 5 burners.

I just told the ole girl she now has no more excuses for burning supper...then I ducked & ran :lol: