Tim Connolly

Rizzo

I'm a PHX/Jets fan... I'm used to disapointment and loss. Hahaha

I still remember when Buf was at the top of their conference a few years ago and Connolly was a key player on that team. Looks like he might not have a chance to prove himself this year... But here's hoping he can get healthy.

I'm with you on him being injury prone and wishing we were watching him play (instead of reading articles about his injury being worse than they thought).

A couple of things to remember about Connolly though:a - he's better than Bozak even if he only plays 60 or so games and b - he was the best that was left in the free agent pool when they signed him.

I'd personally rather see the Leafs pay him what he's getting now, for two years, instead of the huge contract that the Rangers gave to Richards.

Plus it's not like Connolly's breaking the bank or part of the Leafs long term plans. And with him around, even when he's not playing, it does take a little bit of the pressure off Bozak - who knows, maybe that'll be good for the kid.

p.-

Edited by Paulus

I'm with you on him being injury prone and wishing we were watching him play (instead of reading articles about his injury being worse than they thought).

A couple of things to remember about Connolly though:a - he's better than Bozak even if he only plays 60 or so games and b - he was the best that was left in the free agent pool when they signed him.

I'd personally rather see the Leafs pay him what he's getting now, for two years, instead of the huge contract that the Rangers gave to Richards.

Plus it's not like Connolly's breaking the bank or part of the Leafs long term plans. And with him around, even when he's not playing, it does take a little bit of the pressure off Bozak - who knows, maybe that'll be good for the kid.

p.-

Nice spin Paul, but it's still 4.5mil for 2 years against the cap for what?

I disliked him in Buffalo and was appalled when Burke signed him. And no I don't believe he's currently any better than Bozak.

If Connolly was the best option available to Burke last summer he should have passed.

Here's hoping Lombardi stays healthy.

Buffalo has/had the tendancy to hang on to guys way too long. Gave them way to much time to come into their own, or back into their own upon their return if they were injured for a long period of time. Connolly sure was part of this Buffalo trend. Cant say Buffalo didnt try with him thats for sure. Im glad he is the Leafs problem now. Dont get me wrong, Im actually rooting for the guy.......theirs alot of talent in there and i hate to see that go to waste.

Jochen Hecht is the next Buffalo experiment that i wish would go to someone else.

let the haters hate when were out of a playoff spot

the buds are undefeated and the flames popped 4 on price last night- life is good last time i checked

id say we need to wait a little longer than 2 games....then make judgements

Nice spin Paul, but it's still 4.5mil for 2 years against the cap for what?

I disliked him in Buffalo and was appalled when Burke signed him. And no I don't believe he's currently any better than Bozak.

If Connolly was the best option available to Burke last summer he should have passed.

Here's hoping Lombardi stays healthy.

As usual, you always have a good argument :)

But it's a cap hit on something better than what the Leafs had before, for about 60 games a year. Is there a better scenario? for sure, and that's why you go with only 2 years. Sorry, but you do get a guy who's better than Bozak, and you get depth: I don't think you can go wrong with depth.

And the byproduct of having Connolly as the #1 is that there is less pressure on Bozak, which is great since pressure is usually what causes a lot of these kids to crack.

No argument whatsoever regarding Lombardi. Better forward. Lower price.

p.-