Pumpkin Lovers

Billy Bob

Don't know why but I have always loved pumpkins....at this time of the year I am on the hunt for large pumpkins for $3 or less....it's a QUEST for me...I drive my duck hunting partner John crazy because on the way home I always take different off the beat roads looking for farm side stands for that GREAT PUMPKIN "DEAL"...this year he has threatened to buy me one so he doesn't have to go thru this ordeal again.... :whistling:

But anyways, I have read about his almost every year and need to go to this pumpkin weigh off next year if I remember...these are H U G E pumpkins....I might even be willing to spend $5 on one of these BRUTES... :)

http://www.buffalonews.com/city/communities/clarence/article578373.ece

I used to grow them out back. I didn't have the room nor the time to ever push them past 300lbs. But it's very doable. I used to deliver a bunch of them like a thief in the night with a neighbour's trailer...we'd drop them off at different kids' houses for a morning surprise. That was fun. I'd always have a few out front for Halloween ambiance. :)

Pumpkin.jpg

I used to grow them out back. I didn't have the room nor the time to ever push them past 300lbs. But it's very doable. I used to deliver a bunch of them like a thief in the night with a neighbour's trailer...we'd drop them off at different kids' houses for a morning surprise. That was fun. I'd always have a few out front for Halloween ambiance. :)

Very cool Roy

Did you buy the seeds or did you cultivate your own strain over the years?

Cheers

Craig

Lew, I'm thinking you have the perfect place to grow those. :)

Actually Roy, my garden was a bit of a flop this year. Tomatoes and beans were so-so and the cucumbers hardly even broke ground thru the ground.

Good thing there's a farmers market just down the road :lol:

Pumpkinfest is on this weekend in Port Elgin....i think the winning pumpkin so far is 1640 POUNDS....the world record squash is sitting in port right now...1400 pounds....ill post some pics later on today for ya BB or you can google Pumkinfest 2011 and there is a live feed of the weigh station in the growers tent as they weigh them in...

Cheers

heres the link

http://www.pumpkinfest.org/

Edited by Twocoda

I love Pumpkinsthumbsup_anim.gif Dad used to carve them into scarey faces, and Ma would roast the seeds. Some of the pumpkins were turned into fresh pies, and Pumpkin bread.clapping.gif Ma was a great baker,Prolly explains why i was kinda chubby growing upmellow.gif

In the fall there’s only 2 things I look forward to: Steelhead and pumpkin pies. I love pies! :D

Actually, "Chunk" was a nickname for a while.After that kid in the movie "The Goonies"

Cant help it, i love "GOOD" food Bobby.dunno.gif

Chunk, do the truffle shuffle :rofl2: