A heads up for those who live in or drive through Vaughan

Hey guys and gals,

I just wanted to give people a bit of a heads up so that you don't get a ticket. There has been a lot of development on Highway 27 north of Major Mackenzie which has caused a recent speed limit change. From Steeles Avenue to just north of Rutherford Rd, Hwy 27 is a 70kmph zone. It then changes to a 60kmph. It used to be 80 from Rutherford to just south of Nobleton, it's now a 60 zone through kleinburg. So be careful!

It wouldn't be so scary at Rutherford and 27,if the township change the light.The light should stay red long north and south and auto change when

there is no traffic.This would stop the people coming down the hill at 100k.

Edited by Tybo

well i have to say it is impressive lol unsure.gifwhistling.gifsarcasm.gif

I know what you're thinking. "Did he fire six shots or only five?" Well, to tell you the truth, in all this excitement I kind of lost track myself. But being as this is a .44 Magnum, the most powerful handgun in the world, and would blow your head clean off, you've got to ask yourself one question: Do I feel lucky? Well, do ya, punk?

I live on top of the hill at Rutherford and 27, I know what you mean Tybo lots of people coming over the hill at 100! Learned my lesson in 73 when I got my last speeding ticket. There is no need to speed.

I just saw a situation at 7 and 27, guy stopped at 27 (red) going north and guy going east took his front end off!

That whole area is dangerous and I'm surprised that more people haven't been killed in collisions there. Ketch last weekend I missed a bike going 180 down that hill (50 zone). He was going so fast that by the time I could do a safe u turn he was gone....scary to think people want to go 3xs the speed limit down a curving blind hill

I live in the 27 and langstaff area and many times while on 27 doing 70-80kph it looks like im sitting still compared to some of the drivers out there. Why is everyone in vaughan in a hurry? Are they affraid the bank is going to repo the $100 000 benz they can't afford?

Here's my take (from a traffic guys) people in the east end of york region drive with blinders, have no spacial recognition and are ignorant to the traffic laws (ignorant in the true sense of not knowing). In the west end, the drivers are aggressive, me first, selfish and don't care. I hardly go to georgina to write tickets. If I want to write a lot of tickets I go straight to vaughan because no one cares. The number of people that tell me that they don't have to stop at a stop sign because nothing is coming or a red light because they are turning right is astounding

I go straight to vaughan because no one cares. The number of people that tell me that they don't have to stop at a stop sign because nothing is coming or a red light because they are turning right is astounding

F&A help me out here. When you have time or one of our Y&R's finest come down to Islington and Woodbridge ave. at around 5:45 pm and see the jackasses blow through the intersection and make a u turn around the island instead of waiting their turn to make a left at the light.

One night last month I was first And one pulled the stunt on me and I slowed so he had to stop after his illegal U turn he had the nerve to give hand signals.

BTW I took note of the vehicles, BMWs, high end Nissans and the last birdbrain a Benz. I drive a Jeep Compass. These people are dagerous.

If you want a hint, park on the south side of the bridge and just wait $$ are there for the taking.

Here's my take (from a traffic guys) people in the east end of york region drive with blinders, have no spacial recognition and are ignorant to the traffic laws (ignorant in the true sense of not knowing). In the west end, the drivers are aggressive, me first, selfish and don't care. I hardly go to georgina to write tickets. If I want to write a lot of tickets I go straight to vaughan because no one cares. The number of people that tell me that they don't have to stop at a stop sign because nothing is coming or a red light because they are turning right is astounding

You must be referring to a "Woodbridge stop" That’s when the guy (or gal) feels that slowing down and looking to make sure no one is coming constitutes a full stop. Unfortunately I live just off Rutherford at 27. I also have three young drivers and Rutherford road scares the heck out of me. Major Mac from Islington to Weston is another scary road, especially at night.

Thanks for the heads-up. I'll pass it on to the family.

Cheers.

When Rutherford was 2 lane I kept telling the boss I need danger pay to drive it.

One day leaving early The cops were handing out notices that Weston to Islington was the most dangerous road in

Canada.

There is always shrapnel in that intersection at Rutherford &27.

Edited by Tybo

I've been caught by this a few times....not gotten a ticket but if a police officer was there I would have. If they are going to change the speed

limit, why don't they use temporary Orange or Red signs that are larger than the white standard signs to let people know it has changed, instead of them finding out via a ticket.

When I drive in an area I been driving in for a while, I know the posted speed limit so I will check less to confirm. When I am driving through an unfamiliar area I look for speed signs often.

Seems money grabbing to post a new speed limit with out anyone knowing and then handing out tickets.