Weekend Kawartha Bassin'

jimmer

Did a bit of bass fishing over the last few days in between painting and renovating. Not great numbers, but the ones that were boated tended to be better fish. Caught on Wacky rigs and Jig and Craw.

Seems to be a hit and miss. One outing would be good and the next not so good.

whats the ratio of smallies to largies in the Kawarthas? I know that question is fairly general (what lake, what location, etc.)

50-50, way more smallmouth, just general thoughts.

I have only fished the Kawarthas once from a houseboat (caught one smallie)

Nicely done, Jim! I ended up camping with the kids at that spot we talked about....but was boatless....just means we'll have to go back next year :D

Keep those buckets coming....lookin' real good

Glad you were able to get away, Sunday was amazing. Too bad about the boat, but the family stuff is good. What did you think of the place? I might hit the lake once more before the end of the year.

whats the ratio of smallies to largies in the Kawarthas? I know that question is fairly general (what lake, what location, etc.)

50-50, way more smallmouth, just general thoughts.

I have only fished the Kawarthas once from a houseboat (caught one smallie)

There are plenty of both, but you're best to target one or the other. We usually catch more of the largies. Lucky on that day to get so many smallies. Smallies tend to be a tougher fish to catch for me anyways. I always look for weeds when starting out for the day.

Glad you were able to get away, Sunday was amazing. Too bad about the boat, but the family stuff is good. What did you think of the place? I might hit the lake once more before the end of the year.

For car-camping, it was good. Nice that we had the "wilderness" section to ourselves...and more or less proved that we can make it work with the baby. I could see it being a great place to stay for a weekend fishing trip...not a ton of activities for the kids during the day. I'm dying to hit that lake though....the launch is WAY better than the adjoining lake I was on last year. I'd be more than happy to join you if you make it out again....drop me a line wink.gif

Oh...on Sunday we trotted back to the in-laws...took a dip in the chilly water and sight-fished the second biggest smallie of the year...spotted from the dock thumbsup_anim.gif

Edited by johnnyb

For car-camping, it was good. Nice that we had the "wilderness" section to ourselves...and more or less proved that we can make it work with the baby. I could see it being a great place to stay for a weekend fishing trip...not a ton of activities for the kids during the day. I'm dying to hit that lake though....the launch is WAY better than the adjoining lake I was on last year. I'd be more than happy to join you if you make it out again....drop me a line wink.gif

Oh...on Sunday we trotted back to the in-laws...took a dip in the chilly water and sight-fished the second biggest smallie of the year...spotted from the dock thumbsup_anim.gif

What was that, 60 degrees or something crazy like that? Don't you just love sight fishing from the dock :-) I have next week off, just saying.