Another Solo Outing

LucG

Well once again I couldnt find myself a fishing partner on a rainy Saturday morning, so I headed out on my own. It didnt seem like the kind of day that the bass would be too active, so I decided to target some pike.

The water on this waterbody was really merky and stained. So I used a bright chartreuse spinnerbait and stuck with it all day. Right from the beginning I was on fish. Must have caught over a dozen tiny hammer handles within the first 30 min. Having been convinced that the pike might be active, I headed to one of my better spots that seemed to hold bigger fish. The conditions were perfect. The moderate breeze was pushing current/baitfish through a channel right onto a submerged cabbage flat. I ended up fishing there the rest of the morning as the fishing was great. Here are a few of the better fish (28" range) and a surprise smallie as well.

dsc04040gi.jpg

dsc04046qv.jpg

dsc04051o.jpg

Early afternoon my brother calls me and asks if I want to go fishing. He convinces me to go pick him up at the dock. As I'm waiting for him to show up, I through a few casts at a near by weedbed that I usually pass up as its too close to the launch. BAM! Hooked onto my PB muskie! Didnt measure her, but I guess around 36". Didnt catch another fish all day, but it didnt bother me one bit. :)

dscski.jpg

Sweet musky Luc!!!

I was actually going to message you on Saturday morning to see if you wanted to fish the evening for walleye..... I decided not to for unknown reasons. We should swap numbers. Plus you have that nice, non-canoe boat whistling.gif

I was actually thinking of sending either you or blair a pm late friday night, but for unknown reasons i did not...lol PM sent

Nice report, Luc. Muskies are a little more active pre-storm. (I can tell by the dark cloud moving in on the last picture. ) :) Thanks for sharing.

Haha, looks like a mean storm eh?. lol I usualy dont bother with all the background blurring stuff, but I didnt want to upset anyone. So yeah, lets just call it a storm. haha