I,ll ask here

misfish

It looks like it may have been getting out of hand Brian (the announce section..not the Mercer post itself).....people like me posting stuff like the availablity of a limited edition boat etc and various other posts that I'm pretty sure weren't the intended purpose of the announce section. I wondered when the announce section was first put up, and it had the "may have the smell of spam" warning on it, how long it would last as an open post forum.

It now has the following disclaimer on it,

"You'll find announcements for fishing events, TV shows, meetings and sales in here. Caution: May Contain Advertising. New announcements require administrator approval",

so it's like being on Mod que. Post your announcement and someone will screen it before it goes out to the world. I can understand this whole heartedly and my suggestion to you..... if you'd like to comment on the mercer thread.... would be to highlight/copy and paste it to start a new thread in the General Discussion area.

Wayne

It looks like it may have been getting out of hand Brian (the announce section..not the Mercer post itself).....people like me posting stuff like the availablity of a limited edition boat etc and various other posts that I'm pretty sure weren't the intended purpose of the announce section. I wondered when the announce section was first put up, and it had the "may have the smell of spam" warning on it, how long it would last as an open post forum.

It now has the following disclaimer on it,

"You'll find announcements for fishing events, TV shows, meetings and sales in here. Caution: May Contain Advertising. New announcements require administrator approval",

so it's like being on Mod que. Post your announcement and someone will screen it before it goes out to the world. I can understand this whole heartedly and my suggestion to you..... if you'd like to comment on the mercer thread.... would be to highlight/copy and paste it to start a new thread in the General Discussion area.

Wayne

Ok,who,s paying you off.............................LOL

There are some really worthwhile announcements in there. Perhaps I shouldn't have answered the Toyota Texas Bass tourney thread...I just wanted to congratulate Dave Mercer and Fish Fishborne for their achievements.