Classified Ads

solopaddler

.....my mother always taught me to watch my pennies and the dollars will take care of themselves...good advice even today.

Thats an ironic quote lol.......My boss just told me this week that one of our customers was "too busy pickin up pennies off the ground to see the dollar bills blowing away"

Surprise people are missing the point on this and get off track again !!! This is about the classified ads not getting chrome trim thrown in on your new truck or bickering at a big box store for a seniors discount ! This is a one on one transaction with a guy selling quality gear at less than half price ! Which usually works out great for both seller and buyer and I'm pretty sure when a price is FIRM the person doesn't. NEED to sell it and isn't starving so low balling is kind of pointless

Surprise people are missing the point on this and get off track again !!! This is about the classified ads not getting chrome trim thrown in on your new truck or bickering at a big box store for a seniors discount ! This is a one on one transaction with a guy selling quality gear at less than half price ! Which usually works out great for both seller and buyer and I'm pretty sure when a price is FIRM the person doesn't. NEED to sell it and isn't starving so low balling is kind of pointless

Now there you go again.....taking all the fun out of this... :wallbash::rofl2:

If I want to sell something for $350, I will say $370. The fact is nobody wants to pay firm price for used goods anymore. Just bought a car, $5000 firm, paid $4500 plus free brakes, warranty and much more. Like prescription glasses, my friend always gets them at the price of 3 pairs for $100.

Just purchased some Marine Sta-Bil and got $1 plus tax off the listed price because I asked for a discount...purchased a gun safe from Dick's Sporting Goods...got the manager to knock off $75 biggrin.gif

We aint talkin Senior Citizen discount here Bobwhistling.gif I could get Golden Ager pricing too, but i refuse to say i'm OLD !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So this surprised you that someone would try to negotiate a lower price (low-balling aside)? I've made many purchases where I've ended up paying less than the so-called 'firm' price. Whether you indicate 'firm' or keep the price up to leave room for negotiation, people will always try to bargain. Part of the game...

So this surprised you that someone would try to negotiate a lower price (low-balling aside)? I've made many purchases where I've ended up paying less than the so-called 'firm' price. Whether you indicate 'firm' or keep the price up to leave room for negotiation, people will always try to bargain. Part of the game...

I think you and a lot of others aren't getting it, or didn't read my post.

In less than a 24 hour period I had 17 lowball offers to my firm prices. 17.

Wiser buddy thank's for actually getting it.

On another note, how about them Leafs? :whistling:

Taken a turn here thats going south pretty fast.

Mike before it does,I would like to say one thing.

Like said here,asking price (firm or what ever),compare to new and yes ,it,s used,BUT,and this is the most important BUT. If you know the seller and knows his/hers reputation and the quality of fishing they do and know thier stuff is kept and are honest,there should be NO issue. I have bought many things here. I have asked for a lower price,but never lowball. 20-30 bucks less(depending the asking price and model and year),to me is the norm. I had one deal fall through cause he wouldnt drop 25 bucks on two items.Wished him well.

I would like to have that used jacket Mikes has,never replied as he is not close enough for me to try it on to make sure it fits. (Nice jacket and price Mike BTW)

Sellers know whats it worth,well some.The buyer knows aswell.

Edited by Misfish

I think you and a lot of others aren't getting it, or didn't read my post.

In less than a 24 hour period I had 17 lowball offers to my firm prices. 17.

Wiser buddy thank's for actually getting it.

On another note, how about them Leafs? :whistling:

well then i guess i misunderstood, probably from not knowing what you are selling and what you're asking for (i haven't read all the responses in between) i took from your post that you were just pissed that people would offer you less because you indicated prices are firm, and my point was that it's expected to be offered less, firm or not. i found a trailer on kijiji listed for $800 firm. Went to see it, and ended up towing it home for $700. some may consider that a lowball, some may not - either way i saved myself $100. just my $0.02. no harm meant...

well then i guess i misunderstood, probably from not knowing what you are selling and what you're asking for (i haven't read all the responses in between) i took from your post that you were just pissed that people would offer you less because you indicated prices are firm, and my point was that it's expected to be offered less, firm or not. i found a trailer on kijiji listed for $800 firm. Went to see it, and ended up towing it home for $700. some may consider that a lowball, some may not - either way i saved myself $100. just my $0.02. no harm meant...

May I add to davis reply(no disrepect),you got a nice deal from me,and you did not low ball me. It was a mutual deal.

If the lonepaddler had a good deal advertised in the classified, then this thread wouldn't be here...or maybe it's just the wrong time of the year for such items....either way.....GOOD LUCK. :)

BOb

Acually it,s the best time to sell Bob. Prime time. Many will sell on the off season. Lower bang for your buck then.

If the lonepaddler had a good deal advertised in the classified, then this thread wouldn't be here...or maybe it's just the wrong time of the year for such items....either way.....GOOD LUCK. :)

BOb

Another uninformed opinion from Billy Boob.

For what it's worth my stuff was all priced at a MINIMUM of 50% off, some items a lot more than that, and are either brand new or in as new condition.

You think that's not good enough to post a firm price on an internet board where I'm fairly well known?

If I had wanted to post something on Kijiji at a higher price and ask for best offer I would have.

My intentions here were twofold: sell my stuff quickly and give a fellow board member a deal.

It was frustrating last night when I was snowed under by low offers.

In any case half the stuff has now sold since yesterday for my more than fair asking price.