Classified Ads

solopaddler

"maybe that is all their budget will allow"

LAME

if you can't afford a 20000$ item dont shop for it. its not OK to offer 1500$ becasue that is all the money you have.

walk into a mercedes dealer and tell him you only have 15000 he'll give ya the address of the hyundai dealership.

I think part of the reason is because there's less to discuss in a report post - you tell your story, you post your pics, and that's all there really is to it. It's appreciated and interesting, and I try to see them all, or at least most of them, but I don't comment on all of them because usually others have said all that can be said, and I rarely go back in because discussions don't usually happen much in there.. I could be way wrong about this, but that's how I look at it. I think it'd be a good idea to have NF stuff in it's own section, though, so the good stuff doesn't get pushed off the front page so easily, but that's not my call and I'm sure there's a reason why it isn't.

I agree on all counts except changing the board format.

Come on Mike, fess up, this is just a cunning plan to get people to check out your stuff in the classifieds - what a smart feller you are!

Dan

If that was my plan it hasn't worked. I havn't had a single pm since I made this post LOL!

Mike your selling alot of stuff there !!!! Your not giving up on fishing too are ya??? I haven't gotten the chance of a mike steel headin experience yet whistling.gif

A lot of stuff? It's like a speck of sand in the desert LOL!

And no, I'm not giving anything up, plenty of time to join me fishing.

Edited by solopaddler

I too like the idea of an off topic forum. I think it would be nice to have a fishing, hunting and off topic forum. And then similar to how big fat bass has theres, setup the main page as a Recent threads page, so you can quickly scan whats new across all forums.

As for the topic at hand here. Even if you say firm no offers and someone offers you something else, it may be an indicator that the value you are placing on it is less than the value potential buyers are placing on it. I will rarely place something firm, unless I actually just want to keep it. I presume people will make an offer. I have had people agree to a price on email, and phone and show up with less money. I usually take it anyway, cause if its to the point I don't want it, I just actually want to get rid of it. If its something I am stuck on a price, I just ignore the offers, but I don't get offended by it.

To each there own. :)

I was selling an old dirtbike on Kijiji and kept getting emails from some kid offering me less than 30% of what I was asking. He then got nasty saying I was an idiot, and that I was asking way too much etc.

I'd imagine he has a new email address by now because after I was finished signing him up for every junk mail website I could find on the net, he'd probably still be unsubscribing from them if he didn't change it by now. Serves the little punk right.

Retail (list) price is for suckers....I always negotiate before purchase almost anything....Remember it's the buyer that sets the price in the real world, not the seller.

I guess you wouldn't be upset if no one made a offer. :dunno: One bird in the hand is always better then two in the bush.

Bob

Retail (list) price is for suckers....I always negotiate before purchase almost anything....Remember it's the buyer that sets the price in the real world, not the seller.

I guess you wouldn't be upset if no one made a offer. :dunno: One bird in the hand is always better then two in the bush.

Bob

I negotiate all the time myself, who doesn't?

There's a difference here.

Thanks for the fantastic input Bob, great stuff.

I own a bussiness. I hate it when i get someone coming in and trying to get parts tax free, or haggling.If they say they can get it cheaper elsewhere, i send them elsewhere.

if i am in the market for something in the classifieds, i check the NEW price, then if the price in the classified is still too high, that means i dont have enough money to buy it yet, and will wait till i do.

Thats me. The wife,however, will negociate till you scream.devil.gif

Yeah trust me the things I'm selling aren't even close to being overpriced.

People aren't lowballing me though. They're offering me 10 or 20 bucks less then balk when I stand firm.

It just boggles my mind that people would quibble over such a small amount of money LOL!

You are doing the same , just say no !

I was selling an old dirtbike on Kijiji and kept getting emails from some kid offering me less than 30% of what I was asking. He then got nasty saying I was an idiot, and that I was asking way too much etc.

I'd imagine he has a new email address by now because after I was finished signing him up for every junk mail website I could find on the net, he'd probably still be unsubscribing from them if he didn't change it by now. Serves the little punk right.

How mature of you.

Have you ever purchased a new car and paid sticker price ???

Or how about a used vehicle and tell you didn't try to get it at a less price.... :whistling:

People need to read up on what the definition of 'firm price' means..

If someone says the price is firm, I either take it for that, or find something else.

It's not rocket science.

Have you ever purchased a new car and paid sticker price ???

Or how about a used vehicle and tell you didn't try to get it at a less price.... whistling.gif

Absolutelyrolleyes.gif But every scenario is different.I wouldnt go into WallyWorld and get to the cash and bargain with the cashier though.Or haggle with the clerk at the grocery store over the price of Bush Beanswhistling.gif

In the classifieds on this site, to me anyways,its like buying from a friend.I would never insult a friend by trying to low ball him.As far as i am concerned, its cheaper than a store, and you dont have to pay tax.

As far as i am concerned, its cheaper than a store, and you dont have to pay tax.

Its also used, and you have no idea what was done with it, as well you can't return it and likely it doesn't have a warranty, so your taking your chances. The value I place on your used goods, may be different than the price you place on your goods. If you have it for sale long enough, perhaps you may change your mind and take an offer lower than what your asking. I am half tempted to see what he is selling now just so I can make a determination as to weather or not I would grace him with an offer. :) haha

purchased a gun safe from Dick's Sporting Goods...got the manager to knock off $75 :D

Display model? Last years Inventory? Crushed corner on the box of new inventory? Scratch and dent?

(and im not trying to be a smart :asshat: ) Just never heard of a big box retailer adjusting pricing upon request

Display model? Last years Inventory? Crushed corner on the box of new inventory? Scratch and dent?

(and im not trying to be a smart :asshat: ) Just never heard of a big box retailer adjusting pricing upon request

I have a buddy at work. 3 teenagers and one income. He barters for everything! He has got discounts from every box store you can imagine....so yes it happens.

Also. I talked to a guy about a new rifle for the deer season, These were brand new. He had a clearance sale, and firm prices on his site. After some back and fourth I ended up buy two new guns, (TC Impact Muzzle loader and a Weatherby Vanguard Sub MOA) for an awesome deal at below his final firm price, with the understanding that I wouldn't tell anyone what price I got them for.

I can hardly wait to sight these in. He at first said no to my offer, but then we went back and fourth a bit and ended up buying 2 instead of one. He was happy, I was happy, deal done. If he had of told me to piss off with my offer from the begining than I would have bought from someone else....

Just sayin....To each there own. Just not usually a good idea to piss off even a low baller, they may just be pking for your actual low price. I listed a boat for sale on here with a firm price. I got several lower offers, and to each one, I negotiated back, ok, but I am taking this off or that off the boat etc... In the end I still have the boat and am happy it hasn't sold. :) SO if you wanna keep your goods, a firm price is the best way to do that.

NO NO NO and NO.....they had a model on sale I didn't want and asked if I could get some money off on a different manufactured gun safe....manager said he would check on what the store paid...came back a few minutes later and said if I purchased it today he would take off $75....done deal I said and he didn't lose a sale...smart manager because I wasn't really that interested until then and could of waited or went somewhere else....the buyer holds most of the cards, especially these days...

When I purchased my chocolate lab from Pittsburgh, PA I made the offer if and ONLY IF the breeder would meet me more then half way to my liking...

I have always taught my sons...."what do you have more of, money or time" then make your decision when you're going to purchase or do something that involves green backs.....my mother always taught me to watch my pennies and the dollars will take care of themselves...good advice even today.

Bob