Anyone ever use direct buy

Fang

The wife and I were driving around last weekend and went by Direct Buy in mississauga. Decided to check it out as we are doing a basement reno. Had to schedule a one on one visit before being allowed to see any of the goods. Right there it started to smell fishy. Well tonight I get a full on pressure phone call to set a time to come in and go through an hour and a half orientation THAT WILL SAVE ME HUNDREDS OF $. After being interrupted several times telling her I'm too busy to spend a whole evening without any evidence of their pricing offer she basically insults me for not being smart enough to realize what a great deal I'm missing. Boy I really want to call back and book my appointment. What a great sales pitch! I wonder if I could sign up for a time share with them

it is high pressure sale to get you to buy their membership......

I signed up to try the key to win contest they often had..then I found out I had to sit through the very lone sale pitch.....NOT

so I don't know......much about them

Edited by Terry

i get a kick out of their adds

We bought this 30$ tile for 21$ from direct buy! - meanwhile its 8$ at the home depot.

direct buy justs starts out with enormous price tags, knocks 'em down and makes you think its a deal. don't let you 'share' your membership with anyone else. membership fee is ridiculous.

many ways to get better deals.

The wife and I were invited to the open house....after the speaches and video presentations i thought i was in!

Then came the price :blink: the basic membership was like $1500 and that only gave you limited access to a few manufactures they deal with....the more you pay the more catalogs you can shop from.

We walked out...I have a hard time paying costco the 65 dollar membership :blush:

Edited by 206

direct buy justs starts out with enormous price tags, knocks 'em down and makes you think its a deal. don't let you 'share' your membership with anyone else. membership fee is ridiculous.

many ways to get better deals.

Direct Buy bases their price upon the Manufacturers list price.

I know this as I am a purchaser for a large plumbing supply wholesaler and Direct buy is a customer of ours. Personally, I would not buy anything from them. A smart and savvy shopper should be able to get close to the same deal by negotiating with showrooms and direct distributors of the product.

I just talked to my Brother-in-Law with the membership. He said he wouldn't do it again but has got some great deals and some not so great. He says it's really only good for people who have a lot of renovating to do and furniture to buy. Otherwise, he doesn't feel it's worth it and won't be renewing.

Reminds me of the time we were in puerta platta ,, and we got suckered in for condo seminar, after awhile the guy realized we were there for the free booze they were offering and came up to us and said ,you guys are just here for the free bottles of rum arent you,, we said yes ,he gave us our bottles and said goodbye ,we said thanks and what time tomorrow.

Did a time share presentation near Disney years ago....had a great breakfast there and then came the Bull...he kept telling me how great the golf course was going to be when finished.....he asked if I golfed...I said no but I hunt and fish....I said the lake didn't look big enough to fish in but I would love to shoot some of the waterfowl in there....he couldn't accomidate my wishes so he let us go with some FREE (my favorite 4 letter word) Universal Studious tickets... :clapping: ...lesson learned...don't invite a Redneck to a time share presentation... :rofl2:

Take all the previous advise seriously.

Used to work for a window and door company who was one of their suppliers. A scam indeed! The membership fee is in the thousands! And is not a lifetime membership either, the membership fee alone is enough to renovate a bathroom. At least my bathroom, and I'd have money left over for a small holiday.