Too much fishing.Where do YOU draw the line?

mercman

Guest ThisPlaceSucks

i have a wife, a son, and a daughter about to be "hatched" and it certainly has cut down the number of days i used to fish. there was a few years where i was fishing the st. mary's for walleye 2 and 3 evening a week after work and spending the weekends with a canoe on my head exploring the backcountry. the last few years i have fished less but my life has been enriched in other ways. i try to be respectful with my fishing and try to arrange it around times when i wouldn't be with my family anyways. as of yet, my fishing addiction hasn't been a problem, in fact, there have been times where my wife has instructed me to go fishing when she has recognized that i'm under stress.

i would never let fishing come between my family and myself, but my family respects that fishing is basically my only release and i'm a better person when i'm doing it.

Guest ThisPlaceSucks

oh, and my grass is often not cut but i pretty much do that just to irritate all my old italian neighbours who spend 20+ hours a week manicuring their yard and spraying down their fancy brick driveways with the hose... :whistling:

as far as i'm concerned monoculture grass growing is actually ecologically unhealthy so i let whatever type of plants that want to grow on my lawn flourish.

So you enjoyed your new boat, neglected a few things on top of that. So cut the lawn early in the am, at night you can pic dew worms for the next ams outing. Dont forget to water the lawnwhistling.gif

Another thing to keep in mind is be very generous to your neighbours, it pays off. May save you from cutting your own lawn, just sayingwhistling.gif

For the most part while my family was young I worked my fishing around nap times and even today I tend to fish in blocks of a couple of hours with family time in between. I get away a few days fishing in spring and fall with a buddy without family but other than that I just fish for a few hours on days when I go out fishing. The rest of the day is family time.

Over the years what has kept me from fishing the most is probably work commitments. Work around the house has never been a priority for me and summers are short (and so is life) so my grass usually needs to be cut, repairs go undone, etc.

"Housework" is a priority for some and not for others. Just because the work around the house isn't getting done it may not mean you are fishing too much Gonefishing.gif

Paul, this reeks of a cover up story to avoid ice fishing. Please no lawn care reports wink.gif

rofl2.gif

Well fact is, since yesterday, we repaired the fence, cut the grass,weeded the garden,and cleaned up the yard.

So i guess it wasn't as bad as i thought.whistling.gifclapping.gifGonefishing.gif

Fishing is too much when it takes on as many hours in a week as your work.

Personally, I do not think there is such a thing as too much.

That is said from having sat at the other extreme of continuous 100 hour work weeks until I had an M.I. The extreme of leaving no time for yourself, and little time for your family. Of not knowing a proper vacation in over 6 years.

If it brings you joy and pleasure. Allows you to relax and unwind. Gives you time to refocus your thoughts and clear your head. It surely can't be bad.

By the way, I aim at fishing 80- 100 days a year and try to hit 6 or more of those days in new locales.