blue walleye

beagle dad

me and the anchor have benn near dunchurch all weekend

just before dark yesterday while bass fishing with tiny beatlespins the bride hooked what i believe to be a blue walleye..

no white tips not a sauger and 5-6 lbs will post pics soon

is there a definate way to identify a blue walleye?

For what it's worth, the MNR officially declared the blue walleye extinct in 1985, the last one having been caught on Lake Erie in 1965. But then these are the same people who declared aurora trout as being extinct. So, whose nose. :)

For what it's worth, the MNR officially declared the blue walleye extinct in 1985, the last one having been caught on Lake Erie in 1965. But then these are the same people who declared aurora trout as being extinct. So, whose nose. :)

There's no Auroras in Liberty Lake, I can tell you that!

The Blue Walleye or Blue Pike as they were called in the states were only found in Lake Erie, Lake Ontario and the Niagara River. Saw and probably even caught a few a a kid going out of Port Colborne with my dad in the late 50's. We'd still fish over deeper water for the "Blues" much like they perch fish today and would troll for the "Yellows" as dad called them. They were never in inland lakes then and were quite different than Yellows in that they were small, 3 lbs was a big one, has big eyes and a mottled appearance much like a sauger. Can't believe any reports of them being caught outside of their historical range :whistling:

Edited by dave524