I has a boat, now what!

Oryx

How big is your new floating machine? Any of the Kawartha lakes are within that driving range. The closest likely being Scugog.

Depending on your boating skills and confidence, pick your days as far as wind is concerned and you could hit some bigger bodies of water like Bay of Quinte, Rice Lake (this seems small, but can get nasty quickly), and even Lake Simcoe.

Scugog is only 25 mins from my place, so that's pretty convenient if I only have a few hours of fishing time.

How big is your new floating machine? Any of the Kawartha lakes are within that driving range. The closest likely being Scugog.

Depending on your boating skills and confidence, pick your days as far as wind is concerned and you could hit some bigger bodies of water like Bay of Quinte, Rice Lake (this seems small, but can get nasty quickly), and even Lake Simcoe.

Scugog is only 25 mins from my place, so that's pretty convenient if I only have a few hours of fishing time.

Thanks for the quick reply. It is a 17.5 semi V Aluminum.

If your only looking to go for a few hours I think Scugog is your best bet. You can launch at the pubic docks in Port Perry.

The public dock in Bewdley on Rice Lake is probably only 45 minutes away. It's another good option.

I dunno....sounds kinda hairy....

You must of said some bad things to some people for some of these replies.

Launch at a time when the launches will be quiet. That way you can take your time. Launching for the first time at Port Perry on a Saturday afternoon will not be pleasant.

-pickering and whitby are good places to launch your boat if you just want to go out and come back in 10 minutes and not fish. again...not so great on the weekend and it will cost you for parking ($10?)Whitby parking is good and pickering not so good.

-Port Perry has a very easy launch and good parking $5. There are 2 WIDE ramps and a long dock. Go during a weekday or early on the weekend (sun up and get back before 10am or stay out until 6pm). The lake is almost completely free of hazards and there are fish. I would put this as the #1 pick.

-Bewdley is good and easy too but you will have to walk almost a kilometer to park you car IDK what jack****s came up with that layout.

Bad things??? I have been trying to be polite. (my sense of humour can be a bit caustic) But I do appreciate all of the advice. Scugog will be a destination point for sure. Then venture to Bewdley on a following trip.

I don't see any bad replies on here...just people kidding around a bit. I agree with Scugog...was the place I launched for the first time as well. I chose the quieter Island Marina...not nearly as busy and the owner helped me launch. Good luck out there...take some pics and write up a report!

Since you're in Pickering I would head down to the beach on the west side of Frenchmans Bay and put it in there. You'll have a fair bit of room to practise your launch without getting in the way of other boaters, and the bay is calm and easy to putter around in.

Bad things??? I have been trying to be polite. (my sense of humour can be a bit caustic) But I do appreciate all of the advice. Scugog will be a destination point for sure. Then venture to Bewdley on a following trip.

Nahhh we're just pullin yer leg. Just remember, boat goes in firstwhistling.gif

Congrats on the new boat! I would recommend going to a launch with limited traffic as its not easy to launch a boat when doing it for the first time. Unless of course you have done it before or have experience towing trailers? It was a nightmare for me the first time. If somebody was recording, I would of been the highlight of youtube :thumbsup_anim:.

This forum is great. Thank you to all.....

Now I just need to clear the time with the Boss. I cannot wait until my 3 yr old takes a serious interest in fishing.....

this way I will not have to hear that age old nag...I mean speech (You are not spending enough time with the family, where are your priorities,)