Family Weekend At The Beach

solopaddler

A much more civilized drive than usual. Quiet country roads, pastoral vistas and little traffic made getting there very relaxing.

Our first view of Huron brought some excited chatter from the back seat.

Rileys8thBirthdayKincardineAugust2011001.jpg

The oasis for our weekend getaway was incredibly private, the driveway being a small preview.

Rileys8thBirthdayKincardineAugust2011002.jpg

Old weathered plank floors, perfect for wet sandy feet and decor that matched. Right on the beach, it was perfect...

Rileys8thBirthdayKincardineAugust2011008.jpg

Rileys8thBirthdayKincardineAugust2011031.jpg

Rileys8thBirthdayKincardineAugust2011038.jpg

Rileys8thBirthdayKincardineAugust2011007.jpg

Rileys8thBirthdayKincardineAugust2011023.jpg

Rileys8thBirthdayKincardineAugust2011024.jpg

Rileys8thBirthdayKincardineAugust2011039.jpg

The beach, private and dog friendly was amazing. Kids and pooch were in their glory.

Rileys8thBirthdayKincardineAugust2011013.jpg

Rileys8thBirthdayKincardineAugust2011012.jpg

Rileys8thBirthdayKincardineAugust2011005.jpg

<iframe width="420" height="345" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/RGvO66rI3as" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Rileys8thBirthdayKincardineAugust2011009.jpg

Friends joined us and a perfect golden day blended seamlessly into a star filled night, campfire on the beach, and lots of sticky marshmallow covered faces.

Rileys8thBirthdayKincardineAugust2011032.jpg

Rileys8thBirthdayKincardineAugust2011022.jpg

Everyone was beat, including the pooch.

Rileys8thBirthdayKincardineAugust2011021.jpg

Saturday was special, it was my little girls 8th birthday.

The kids took great pleasure in decorating the cake.

Rileys8thBirthdayKincardineAugust2011020.jpg

Rileys8thBirthdayKincardineAugust2011019.jpg

My young daughter is growing up way too fast...

<iframe width="420" height="345" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/DmHV0qqaTYk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Later that evening we trekked over to Kincardine. Every Saturday night during the summer the pipe band has a parade through town. Great fun.

<iframe width="420" height="345" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/3uhnN3IL0Dg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

It was a great way to end the summer for everyone and a perfect way to celebrate my girls birthday.

(MUCH more appealing than taking 12-15 squealing 8 year olds to Chucky Cheese :))

'Till next year

Rileys8thBirthdayKincardineAugust2011037.jpg

I know the side road you came down in the first pic, and have an idea where the cottage is....

damn'A, dogs allowed on the beaches in most of Kincardine area.....not like South or Port. I hate that about my new area. Sure I understand main beaches, but come on, cottage road beaches with limited access? At minimum allow dogs on beaches with leashes and poo and scoop rules! Nope everything up and down the coast in the new area is posted no dogs. Dogs love water, everything from the labs to the shih tzus, so it's a real shame by laws are put in place to restrict it! There's already by laws for leashes, and if you have a dog that might attack or be considered dangerous be respectful and use the leash and mussle! If you have a dog that's trained enough not to run up and down and potential scare people/kids, sure throw the stick out in the water and up and down the beach!

What no fish pics? :sarcasm:

Stupid numbers of fish pic's will be posted later today. :D

You mean to say you didn't even bring a fishing rod :o?

Not on this trip. That was made crystal clear to me before we left LOL!

And good on you for choosing this over Chucky Cheese!

No kidding eh?

im going to take a guess and say ....Lurgen Beach? or Point Clark area.....

Close, very close,Bruce Beach.

I know the side road you came down in the first pic, and have an idea where the cottage is....

damn'A, dogs allowed on the beaches in most of Kincardine area.....not like South or Port. I hate that about my new area. Sure I understand main beaches, but come on, cottage road beaches with limited access? At minimum allow dogs on beaches with leashes and poo and scoop rules! Nope everything up and down the coast in the new area is posted no dogs. Dogs love water, everything from the labs to the shih tzus, so it's a real shame by laws are put in place to restrict it! There's already by laws for leashes, and if you have a dog that might attack or be considered dangerous be respectful and use the leash and mussle! If you have a dog that's trained enough not to run up and down and potential scare people/kids, sure throw the stick out in the water and up and down the beach!

Well to be truthful I believe dogs are supposed to be leashed on that beach. Everyone else walking on the beach with dogs had theirs leashed. :)

But our dog never strays, always stays close.

No way was I going to tie her up unless I was forced to.

Went for an 8km run on the beach Saturday morning and she stayed right by my side the entire time.

As a somewhat new dog owner I've found many of the dog related bylaws to be incredibly frustrating.

My dog needs to run off leash every day, she's a high energy breed. If she doesn't, well let's just say she's a different dog. :)

There's virtually nowhere close to where I live where she can run.

Closest place is a 20 min drive and I'm bringing her there almost every day.

Unfortunately responsible dog owners are paying the price for a few bad apples.

Old weathered plank floors, perfect for wet sandy feet and decor that matched. Right on the beach, it was perfect...

Friends joined us and a perfect golden day blended seamlessly into a star filled night, campfire on the beach, and lots of sticky marshmallow covered faces.

Another great report Mike! Even though there was no fish the the quotes above show how you were inspired by taking your family out again to the great Ontario outdoors.

Thanks for the efforts of sharing this great experience. :canadian: