Was that Irishfield

vance

A couple of hours ago I was driving south on 11 just out of North bay when I saw a large white Ford towing a flat bed trailer with a smallish float plane on it with out wings or motor and wrapped in plastic going north,and I thought I wonder if that was Irishfield :worthy::thumbsup_anim:

vance

You know how hard it is to weld a round tube to a square tube.. I tacked them at the end and then drilled and bolted. I'd had enough at that point.

I just threw it together with crap I had in the hangar. I've had the round pipe.. welded to the 2 x 2 square tube kicking around for about 20+ years. Like they say.. never throw anything out, you may need it next week (or decade). The curved tubes.. again I have a bucket full of them. Some very expensive Norseman aircraft preformed parts... that I found a use for! :sarcasm:

You know how hard it is to weld a round tube to a square tube.. I tacked them at the end and then drilled and bolted. I'd had enough at that point.

I just threw it together with crap I had in the hangar. I've had the round pipe.. welded to the 2 x 2 square tube kicking around for about 20+ years. Like they say.. never throw anything out, you may need it next week (or decade). The curved tubes.. again I have a bucket full of them. Some very expensive Norseman aircraft preformed parts... that I found a use for! sarcasm.gif

The muffler clamps make it look shiney.thumbsup_anim.gif

Like they say.. never throw anything out, you may need it next week (or decade)

Been there done that. Usually hang onto stuff...just in case. Though sometimes I get ambitious, or stupid you might call it, and do a shop cleaning.

I cannot believe how many small pieces of trim get returned to the Home Depot...couple days ago I look at a return cart and there it was, a 1 foot piece of primed 1/4 round...something like .49 cents ! Other times 2 feet of this or 3 feet of that. I would have never ever thought anyone would return trim or even a 2x4 until my stint at the H.D. Keep it! Ya never know! I needed sme 3/4" cove one day, guess what I found a piece, had it for about 15 years, but I had it, and it was even mahogony! Can't even buy that species anymore! :w00t::lol:

Nice canoe rack Wayne.