Camping Area's ..

Hey guys,

I'm asking for my sister in law and her boyfriend. They want to go somewhere "up north" camping for a weekend in september. She mentioned Frech River area...but aren't stuck on that. They do the tent thing, like to fish but I don't think they NEED to catch fish...they'll be boat-less and fishing from shore if at all.... mostly relaxing and just taking it all in... Do you guys have any great spots, parks etc. in that general area that you could suggest?

Thanks a bunch - much appreciated!

Cheers,

Ryan

Hey guys,

I'm asking for my sister in law and her boyfriend. They want to go somewhere "up north" camping for a weekend in september. She mentioned Frech River area...but aren't stuck on that. They do the tent thing, like to fish but I don't think they NEED to catch fish...they'll be boat-less and fishing from shore if at all.... mostly relaxing and just taking it all in... Do you guys have any great spots, parks etc. in that general area that you could suggest?

Cheers,

Ryan

Bruce national park comes to mind. Theres shore fishing to be had. A few trails to stroll along. And the scenery at the end of the trails is amazing. I just watched an episode of great canadian parks that featured BNP, I really want to go back again and see the shore line by boat with my girlsbiggrin.gif

there aren't many drive-to campsites on the french that i'd be willing to divulge and even less (read:none) official ones unless they wanna camp in a trailer park. all the land is either provincial park (boat-in camping only) or native territory (no camping).

go to restoule

Edited by Raf

Hey guys,

Cheers,

Ryan

Algonquin Park - rent a canoe and paddle off into the sunset

Restoule is a great park and even better in september the park is practically empty and very quiet. Another very good option is Bonnechere PP the same driving distance as Restoule. The park is beautiful with alot of sites on the Bonnechere river. You can rent canoes and kayaks in the park and canoe right into Algonquin Park. The Bonnechere and Ottawa valley have some amazing scenery not to mention only minutes away from Pembroke and Barrys Bay.

If the French is their choice as mentioned it's a boat-in, paddle in scenario. Perhaps a bit more money and a bit more involved.

Definitely worth the effort and bit of expense though imo.

French River Provincial park more or less encompasses the lower French and Pickeral rivers from hwy 69 downstream to the bay.

It's a boat in park only. Reservations aren't necessary and the camping fees are cheap.

Without a doubt some of the finest scenery and nicest campsites in Ontario imo.

Hartley Bay marina used to rent boats/motors but havn't for a while now. They do however rent canoes and gear for people accessing the lower French as well as sell camping permits.

http://www.hartleybaymarina.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=5&Itemid=5

Pickeral River marina right on hwy 69 still does rent small boats/motors as well as camping permits.

From the hwy you have access to the entire lower French with their rental boats (except the Bad River for liability reasons).

As mentioned TONS of fantastic campsites.

http://www.cvprm.ca/marina.shtml

Fishing in that entire lower delta is great!

If this type of trip is something they may consider I can help with choosing campsites and general areas to fish.

Cheers