Hello and thank you!!

scottyswing

Hey gang, my name is Scott and I'm new to the OFC!

Have been reading for a while and finally got around to joining the other week.

Just wanted to start by thanking you guys for putting me on to a great little lake just minutes from my house that i did not know existed!

Binbrook Conservation area and Lake Niapenco.

Spent Saturday morning out wetting the line and rang in a solid half dozen fish including one impressive 3lb smallie (4 others all around 2lb), and a decent sized pike.

A little about me, I'm a Biotechnology student half way through my degree and have been fishing most of my life.

Most people here are Wallies or Bass guys, and I'm definitely going to side with the bass folk.

Current bass setup is:

Curado 200E7 on a Shimano Compre 6'7 Medium Heavy. PowerPro Spectra 30lb braided.

Favourite lure, for bass? Deffinitly a Xcalibur XCS Square Bill Crank, in a light shad.

Favourite place to fish: Surprisingly not for bass, Salt Spring Island area, for salmon

I look forward to hanging around on this forum for years to come :)

photo(3).JPG

ps. Huge Jays fan!

Welcome aboard. Don't eat too many fish from that lake.

(

Wouldn't eat a single fish from that lake! Read a few posts on here regarding contamination. If you go to the far north west of the lake you'll see all the farm land feeding its nice rich manure/pesticide (I can only assume) filled runoff riiight into the nice neon green water (just a weird algae bloom, from all the nutrients) :) YUM!!

The being said, the bass are nice :)

Edited by scottyswing

Best friend lives in Binbrook. Was thinking about running up to that lake some time to fish it. Just got to find a day off and i'm off.

I had some pretty good luck on it the last few times out. Just don't hit the first three good looking spots you see, take the extra few minutes and keep heading left. Always left! ;)