So I had a chat with the Misses

tightline

So was talking to the girlfriend and have her convinced to go fishing for the sept long weekend. Been around a bit with satisfying results but would like to sure fire this one so she'll join me more. Couple days, bathroom a must :dunno: , cottage preferably, have my own boat. Would like to bring 4 friends or so 3 hours max of Guelph...any help out there? Pike, Bass, walleye, and panfish...heck any old fish will do!!

Edited by tightline

So was talking to the girlfriend and have her convinced to go fishing for the sept long weekend. Been around a bit with satisfying results but would like to sure fire this one so she'll join me more. Couple days, bathroom a must :dunno: , cottage preferably, have my own boat. Would like to bring 4 friends or so 3 hours max of Guelph...any help out there? Pike, Bass, walleye, and panfish...heck any old fish will do!!

Check this out http://www.silverlakecottages.com/accommodations/calendar.php

I used to rent there quite frequently. The lake has some good sized pike and lots of SM/LM. No walleye but the rare little laker. You will probably be the only ones fishing the lake. Good docking facility. All cottages are clean and well maintained and there is a lot of space between them. All cottages are individually owned and they operate the property as a sort of co-op. Your gf will love it.

I see that they extended there prime season to include the first week of Sept so they indicate that you need to book a full week. But based on the wide open availability shown on there site, I'll bet they will be willing to negotiate. Try contacting Brian http://www.silverlakecottages.com/accommodations/index.html he is the owner of cottage one and his sister owns cottage 5. He's a great guy and will work with you if he has availability. Tell him Simon referred you. This place is the best value for renting IMO.

If you end up going, pm me and I'll tell you where the big ones hang out.

Good luck,

Slayer

well although I only have 1 wife :huh: shes pretty sweet so I'm really hoping for a little more help...C'mon guys of all of us fishermen and women on OFC I can only get 1 response?

Have you considered trying Lunge Haven Cottages on Sturgeon Lake. Super people, and the fishing has been fairly good although no pike.

First post you call her the "girlfriend", last post you call her the "wife" and you've been around with good luck, hmmmm :whistling:

Well we live together, not married, but she still thinks she owns me...so whats the difference :dunno:

About the good luck, that parts all true! :thumbsup_anim:

Try out Coles point just north of campbellford. Its on the trent right where it meets the Crowe river..It forms a HUGE bay with exellent fishing, just down from Rice lake. You would love the fishing there..You get the waleye action and the the multi species of river fishing. If your boat is nice enough your only 3 locks from rice lake and 2 from dinner in Campbellford. http://www.colespoint.ca/en/ They have nice cabbins and a great layout for the family too..We go there and would love to fish with some other OFNers.Pm me if you decide to go I can show you some hot spots..

Edited by tb4me