Dual planner boards and releases

icefisherman

Decided to finally get a planner mast setup for my boat...got the first part - the mast....need some help with choosing the best releases and planner boards...

Will be using them mostly on lake Erie for eyes and possibly on Lake O. for salmon trolling. Would appreciate any advice and where to get them? I guess good used ones are also an option?

Thanks,

Cheers,

Ice Fisherman

I can't remember which fishing forum but I saw pair for sale in the classifieds that had a low price. If my memory serves me well I recall they want 75 for the pair. Have a look around the forums in the classifieds. Something tells me it was Spoonpullers. Good luck.

OK Guys,

but which offshore releases as they are different ones with various tension?

Cheers,

Ice Fisherman

Check the link I provided Emil.

Can't go wrong with having a number of different releases on hand, saves time on retrieving the boards.

I did....and there are several ...can't decide which ones I need...OR-14....OR-17...or even the super strong OR-30?

And are those things very expensive or what???!? :worthy:

Better see if I can find some used one....not sure if I want to spent $200 on releases....waoooo...

Cheers,

Ice Fisherman

I did....and there are several ...can't decide which ones I need...OR-14....OR-17...or even the super strong OR-30?

And are those things very expensive or what???!? :worthy:

Better see if I can find some used one....not sure if I want to spent $200 on releases....waoooo...

Cheers,

Ice Fisherman

For walleye get the lightest tension ones available.

I have a bunch of the OR3's for eyes and some OR14's for salmon.

I have always found that the normal offshore rigger release work good. I'd also have a mix of a few of the beefier release when I want to run lead core, small dipseys or bigger plugs on quinte. I buy the regular (OR2)stacker releases and then cut them apart to make long lead singles for the riggers or board releases with shower curtain hooks. It's a bit cheaper than buying the singles and gives me a night in the shop to keep busy.

I got a drawer full of shower curtain clips you're welcome to have - no charge

I buy the regular (OR2)stacker releases and then cut them apart to make long lead singles for the riggers or board releases with shower curtain hooks. It's a bit cheaper than buying the singles and gives me a night in the shop to keep busy.

Guilty here too. ;)

This is what I've been using for years. Allot of charter boats us them because there cheap if you can find them. Last ones I bought were $2.50 Each, They work great. :good: Tackle shop in Grimsby and Hamilton had them by the pail full. Good luck finding them. If you see them buy a few hand fulls.

releaseu.jpg

Amish Outfitters for Boards, Releases pretty much anything you need for Planner boards. They have a website but if you want stuff call Frank, there planner boards pull like nothing else on the market you can't find anything that will come close. They are by far the ultimate.