July 23 - Lake O. PM

icefisherman

After last few trips to Lake Erie I was missing Lake O. monsters, so invited my neighbour down the street and went for 3 hours of evening Lake O. fishing...started creasy....5 seconds after getting the first line in the water it started bouncing....got a nice brown to start the trip....shortly after my neighbour lost an acrobatic bow...then couple shakers....an hour of quite chat...followed by creasy last 30 min...he was very tired after fighting the big King of the day...just over 20 Lbs...got few more Cohos...and ended up 5 for 10...not bad...he was smile year to year...and I was even happier...30-40 feet dow mostly spoon bite couple hits on the fly...150-200 fow...

now not so happy having to pay $17 for just couple hors of fishing...someone very "smart" must have come with that stupid idea of charging $17 no matter of the time left in the day./...I even tried cancelling the transaction by pushing the "cancel" button many times to get my $7 -$8 back when I found out machine only accepts full $17 fee...no luck...couldn't cancel././..so had no chance to keep feeding it until it took all $17....what a day time robbery....Port Credit here I come for the rest of the season....

Fes shots of the day:

IMG_0550.jpg

IMG_0548.jpg

IMG_0554.jpg

IMG_0553.jpg

Cheers,

Ice Fisherman

Well done man. We Hammered them the last night. Sd:fly's spoons they did not care. Highlight of the night was buying a guys parking ticket for 5 bones. Woo Hoo we saved 12 bucks. I forgot to give mine away this afternoon after our blue zone run. Trade those tickets out folks. Best way to get back at Oakville is to resell those tickets or just give em away.

Edited by Grimace

Well done man. We Hammered them the last night. Sd:fly's spoons they did not care. Highlight of the night was buying a guys parking ticket for 5 bones. Woo Hoo we saved 12 bucks. I forgot to give mine away this afternoon after our blue zone run. Trade those tickets out folks. Best way to get back at Oakville is to resell those tickets or just give em away.

I would have done it no problem, but there was no one willing to launch at 9pm ;-)

The stupid machine signed me up until 11:59 pm....what a waste of money...\

You idea is a good one...let's pass on those parking tickets...this is what the gready folks at Oakville town hall deserve.

Cheers,

Ice Fisherman

I would have done it no problem, but there was no one willing to launch at 9pm ;-)

The stupid machine signed me up until 11:59 pm....what a waste of money...\

You idea is a good one...let's pass on those parking tickets...this is what the gready folks at Oakville town hall deserve.

Cheers,

Ice Fisherman

I am always so impressed when I go to other Ports and see the set ups they have and the difference in the feel you get when you use them. Bronte is straight down 25 for me so that is where I launch. No weigh station anymore with Bronte Outdoor Sports moving to that horrible location in Mississauga. I drive by his empty store on the way home and it is troubling to see. He had to move though, I heard they jacked the rent up on him pretty bad and would not let him downsize the store to a half unit.

Oh well. Good Luck out there.

Edited by Grimace

Emil

I always used the launch at Lakeside Promanade Pk. at the Lakeview Gen Stn.

Don't know what it's like now but it had 2 very nice ramps and lots of free parking.

Plus it was 3 minutes from my house. laugh.gif

When the tournys are running,thier there to collect yer cash Dave. Yes the launchs are nice.

Great report Emil.

TFS