Anyone ever decked out a tin can???

Doctrt

Hi Guys and Gals. I'm looking for a little advice. I'm thinking of putting a casting platform on my 14ft. aluminum boat this spring. I understand there is a spray on product to treat marine plywood as well as a plastic wrap for the wood that is available. Any suggestions / advice from some experienced deckers?? Thanks in advance.

Tim

misfish: love the tin boat!

I'm planning to fix up my father's (RIP) this summer.

Floatation: did you replace the styrafoam under the seats? If yes, how?

Rivet leaks: did you have any: If yes, how did you repair them?

Paint: Looks like you painted the hull but I can't be sure: If yes what did you use.

Thanks a lot.

Thanks slow

Who you asking.LOL

The live well,I just cut out the foam that was the same size as the well.Replaced nothing.The seats have 14 inches of solid white styro. Under the front seatPIC01062.jpg I installed another storage spot. It did hold the battery for the trolling motor,but then moved it to the back. I never coated mine,it does look like Keram might have.

As for sealing the floor. I just used 5/8 ply and painted it with a good oil paint.Then I wrapped the sections with the carpet. It is a bit of trial and error to get the support hights and floor to fit exact,I used big pieces of cardboard to get my shapes then just traced them on to the wood.

Edited by misfish

This is what I did to mine before I sold it. It was just a shell like yours.

Any questions just ask.

PIC01054.jpg

PIC01055.jpg

PIC01056.jpg

PIC01058.jpg

PIC01059.jpg

PIC01062.jpg

PIC01063.jpg

PIC01061.jpg

PIC01060.jpg

:thumbsup_anim:

i miss the sylvan. all locked up (in a warm, safe spot) just waiting to get back onto the open water. hopefully sooner than later!!

misfish, is that directed at me.....LOL...but I bet you still laugh every time you think about me crashing to the deck.....yeah

Me laugh at you................................................. Why sure,what ya going do about it, :blahblah1::w00t::P

Davis glad yer enjoying the boat. Told ya you were going to.

Did ya ever get out with the riggers?

Yes sir - had a good season with her last year, and hoping for an even better one this year. Didn't make any of my own modifications, but I think i'll tweak some things when i get her out in the next couple of weeks...just because!

Didn't use the riggers at all last year, unfortunately. That will change this year for sure.

Looks like you did a really nice job modifying your boat Keram. How has the extra weight effected how it rides in the water?

I wish I had an answer for you. The problem is I 've never run this boat before modyfication. What I can say is this: In addition to the wood, carpet, floor support etc. on my first test run I've had also battery, trolling motor, full tank of gas (6 gal), big tacle box and probably another 50 lb in other staff ( good to have it just in case ) and me ( 220 lb ), I've managed 25 km/hr (about 15+ miles/hr) with 9.9 HP mercury.

It is good for me, I'm fishing, not racing