Haliburton smallies

singingdog

Nice catch , I have heard its a hard strange bite up there from a few peole fishing for bass.

maybe a big year class of cisco's is drawing them out to the deep water early this year.

The bass are not biting good in Muskoka/ Haliburton they are not where they should be.

It's definitely a different year. Deep weedlines are not ver well established on the lakes I am fishing. Smallies seem to be more open-water oriented. LM seem to be all over the place: super-tight against shore, on the flats, on the edges of drops....

As of last weekend, the Haliburtonhttp:// bass still hadn't established a regular pattern on our lakes either. I got some on topwater, some on tubes rigged weightless, some on spinnerbaits and none on bottom, anywhere from 8' to 18'. Here's a typical one smallmouth 010.jpg

Nice fish singingdog! Cant say ive had great luck this year. Did hook into a few nice fish, but seem to be caught in the deathspin of unpinned fish. Did lose a slurper over some deep water tonight. Hopefully this weekend produces. Like Craig said, this stable weather should be just the ticket. Thanks for the report!

was up in marten river area for opener and had 100 fish days. Hit lake muskoka on the way home for a quick hour or 2 fish and caught 8 or 9 in th 2 lbs range. Seems like bass fishing is great this year so far in my world.

Walleye fishing is a different story for me lol

ANyway first pic is a largie. Thanks for the pics and report. Must be awesome top water fishing in a kayak!

Cheers!

Beautiful fish. And uhh....the first one's a largie rolleyes.gif (I'm sure you knew that)

I fish close to Minden, and have had the fish destroy surface lures one year, and ignore them the next...even though I still see them hitting bait hard at the surface. I think they get really picky about what they're feeding on. The challenge this year is going to be chasing them around on the main lake on calm days. Caught a nice one last year on a surface bait over 120FOW...and had a few beasts following jerkbaits in...just gotta hone that technique a bit :D

Cool thanks for the info. Wierd bite for sure, Mr largie's eating on the other side of the tracks where they should be.

Interesting bite too, just slurping it. I would assume the lake was glass or close too it. I guess the pics display that too huh.. haha..

Why pass up the jerk and eat the topwater.. wierd, I guess it's what bugged them the most.

Edited by Harrison