I've been snowed by creative Angling Marketing, have you?

Harrison

Some of the best marketing campaigns are found in the Fishing/Outdoor world. I've gone for a couple.

I admit, I bought a "Frog" rod once, because it said frog on it.

Also, I have the same topwater lures with different colour tops, but with the same colour underside.

Edited by Harrison

Also, I have the same topwater lures with different colour tops, but with the same colour underside.

Same here but it's because they were on sale, didn't really care about the colours as they were all the same on the underside. smile.gif

I've never bought a Banjo minnow or the flying lure but have certainly bought into other pitches. I was out fished by the flying lure one day though.... It's not so much about catching fish after all, it's about catching the fisherman, they are the ones with the cash. wink.gif

Same here but it's because they were on sale, didn't really care about the colours as they were all the same on the underside.

Problem was I did care what was on the top.

Amazing how things change, now I'll out fish alot of guys with Dollaramma lures. IF you don't believe me, bet me! :)

I don't know, the red hooks seem to catch more for me. The fish always hits the red one and not the black one on my crank baits. Ive done the same test Dave Mercer did with red on the front then change it to the back.

Red is also the first color to disappear the deeper you go, not sure if that is a reason though since I don't more then 10 feet deep on most cranks.

i got sucked into the lures with lites in themwallbash.gifwallbash.gif

Oh ya.. the Stobes I think they were called.

I also bought and used some "CAMO" flourocarbon once about 9 yrs ago.

Edited by Harrison

Just out of curiosity, how do you guys know for an absolute fact that red can't be seen in deep water?

When that claim is made are you talking about the human eye or from a fishes perspective?

How does anyone really know what a fish sees? :D

I've always found those types of statements funny.

Just out of curiosity, how do you guys know for an absolute fact that red can't be seen in deep water?

When that claim is made are you talking about the human eye or from a fishes perspective?

How does anyone really know what a fish sees? :D

I've always found those types of statements funny.

My main reason for using the red hooks was that the Eagle Claw lazer sharp trebles I purchased the first time happened to be red. I found that my catch ratio went way up, compared to factory hooks on Cleos especially. So I've just stuck with it. Whether or not I'm hooking more fish...don't know.

Yeah the "fish sees" statements are always good ones, but, I get the biggest kick out of the "pretty" topwater baits. Like the fish are jumping in the air to check out your lures :lol:

Edited by FRANKIE65