Geo Bay report

bucktail

Spent from Sat till tuesday afternoon camping out on Geo Bay and fishing hard for some big fish.

It was completely different then a year ago, last year all we saw and caught were Muskies....too bad we were a week early for that.

So tghis year we went on muskkie openor and fishned hard for 4 days.... this year the pike and smallies were everywhere with one nice eye thrown in ( didnt really fish for them )

We probab;y caught between 80-100 pike and smallies, 1 eye and one muskie.

Caught the muskie on a big muskie sized bucktail spinnerbait 30 minutes into the trip.

my budddy only had his camcorder with him so I grabbed my OFC sign.... I am holding it upside down!!! and very quickly took a fast pic before putting here back in to go.

Didnt get my 50 incher I have been trying for but might go back for a long weekend in a few weeks and try some mature weedlines.

Hope you enjoy.

Darren

Didnt get a pike over 10 or my 50 inch plus ski I have been looking for forever but saw a few and had a few VERY Large fish turn on it, but couldnt ID them so this is the only confirmed ski of the 4 days

I know... Im using a single hand hold but I ddint even transfer her to a two hold as it was simply up and then back in.

She had been worked over pretty good by the males on the spawn so I was trying to get her away as fast as I could.

Taped her out at 46 inches, didnt bother with a girth.

DSC00039.JPG

Edited by bucktail

Nice 'ski!! Try to do a horizontal hold, vertical holds are murder on those big girls and we want them to live a long time and have lots of little babies to grow up into monster muskies. I'm hoping to wash a couple of bucktails next weekend and maybe catch a 'ski or 2.

Camping on crown , man its hard to find a flat spot on that ground.

We ended up coming home early because the genny died and we were out of batterry power. Good we did as huge stroms blew thru the area for the next 2 days

We also forgot our stove....NED..... so we had to cook on a fire the 5 days we were there.

Thats the first vertical photo I have ever taken, I was stuck trying to get a picture of her with the OFC sign so I just lifted quickly and put her back in, thats a frame grab from a video camera. She ws only out for 2-3 seconds. I figured it would be easier on her then getting her out of the net and arranging for a shot in a horizontal hold. Check out my avatar, thats was taken in cold water were she would have a longer time out of water.

She swam away nice and strong.

Darren