Sick dogs @ Lakair g2g

lew

I was gonna stay quiet, but can't much longer with so many that I thought were friends trying to make an ass out of me.

Man you're a great bunch... I hope I never pull any of you for Jury Duty if i'm ever before the courts!

I sat beside someone for almost 2 hours, that kept insisting that I "fed Spiel's dog as we didn't have to sleep with her". For those that don't know, this was done last year and Brooke crapped all over the bed in Chris's van. Leah was also told by the same person that the snacks cause stool softening.

Seeing Marvin looking near death on Sunday, Jer's dog puking and crapping in her cage and a few other things that were off kilter had me putting two and two together. Sorry if anyone is offended by this, but that was the way I saw it and at this point still do. I've had PM's back and forth with those involved and it doesn't seem to be an issue between us and I'd hope that those that weren't there or don't own any of the dogs involved mind their own p's and q's as I will be from here on out. They are your dogs, you worry about them and I'll see if next time I can turn the other way and not worry about your pets well being!

I have no business posting in this threat but ...my Golden Retriever is just getting over being sick the past few days (24 hours of unexplenation) which caused her to vomit twice ...and from our visit to the vet to investigate ...alot of other dogs have fallen ill too..i wasnt at the G2G so im thinking theres probably more to the story then something they ate....make sure your dogs shots are all up to date especially when they are going to be playing in groups

JUST my 2 cence..

dogs have a verry different mettabolisim than humans.

Spoon fed dogs will often get sick in the company of othrer strange dogs and high stress levels as well as different foods.

Case in piont...

A human that does not eat meat on a regular basis will get sick if they eat meat..

If the diet of your dog is drastickley altered it will get sick.

Although I wasnt there I could see this being the case because all the dog owners probably were to busy having fun to watch everything their dog was getting into.

I know I am guilty ...

And the older a dog is the harder it affects them.

There might of been somthing bad that all the dogs affected ate.(carcus)?

Just sayin..

I have no business posting in this threat but ...my Golden Retriever is just getting over being sick the past few days (24 hours of unexplenation) which caused her to vomit twice ...and from our visit to the vet to investigate ...alot of other dogs have fallen ill too..i wasnt at the G2G so im thinking theres probably more to the story then something they ate....make sure your dogs shots are all up to date especially when they are going to be playing in groups

You made me think of something...

My dog has been vaccinated for Leptospyrosis (an illness sometimes caused by contact with wild animal urine or sometimes untreated water.) just wondering if the ill dogs had this inoculation???

Just a thought.

You made me think of something...

My dog has been vaccinated for Leptospyrosis (an illness sometimes caused by contact with wild animal urine or sometimes untreated water.) just wondering if the ill dogs had this inoculation???

Just a thought.

Good point...Sam is vaccinated for everything know to man kind.. We spare no expense on him..

Good point...Sam is vaccinated for everything know to man kind.. We spare no expense on him..

We're the same Chris and Marvin gets all his shots every year, although I can't honetly say if he got the one that Jewelbee is talking about.

It could have been darned near anything that caused a few of the pooches to get sick. I know they all drank gallons of the lake water and they definetely took in alot of the pollen that was floating on the surface, but who knows ?? :dunno:

Just happy to know their all feeling better now !!

I'll close this thread by stating that in the past there has been willful and intentional feeding of my dog against my wishes and it has made her ill. That has been rectified I hope.

During dinner I kept Brook laying down behind me but I did witness other dogs being fed.

It is my opinion that if you do not have permission from the dog owner to feed his dog....DON'T! mad.gif