A huge HUGE THANK YOU to Spiel and John Payne

irishfield

Both of you are way toooo modest, but I got to see the "twinkles" in your eyes personally... and that made the drive to Lakair more than worth the effort, even if we'd just turned around after that exchange and drove right back home!

So I'm gonna stop at Trombleys, in Orillia, on our way North. What's the suggested reel for this beauty ??

stella

No need to push her G, she's already bought her return train ticket for Monday departure/Friday return. Union Station to Temagami. Want's to climb to the top of the tower before her surgery on the 6th of July. Guess that means I have to climb all them steps as well... :o

Edited by irishfield

My local lad at Backwater has nadda in stock, but Trombly's Tackle in Orillia has a pair of STCI42500f's in stock so I'm hitting there on the way North in the am. If Jen can have a shinny new rod and reel I'm gonna toast that $39 cardinal I'm using on my (1982 Berkley Lightning) Pikeral rod. That'll be the first $500 gone this trip! :w00t:

Edited by irishfield

My local lad at Backwater has nadda in stock, but Trombly's Tackle in Orillia has a pair of STCI42500f's in stock so I'm hitting there on the way North in the am. If Jen can have a shinny new rod and reel I'm gonna toast that $39 cardinal I'm using on my (1982 Berkley Lightning) Pikeral rod. That'll be the first $500 gone this trip! :w00t:

A very good choice I'd say for that rod. :good: We just need some pics with a fish or 2 now and the owner of that combo. B) Oh don't forget the line and a jig or 2 ;)

I dont post too often on here but I sure do read almost every thread.

Just wanted to say that this one sure hit home...

Thats a pretty darn nice way to say we are thinking about you and giving best wishes to folks with health issues.

Someday I will try and spend a little less time on our family farm and alot more time tryin to go fishin with some of the great people on this site.

Cheers

• 2 weeks later...

I gotta tell you, with the CI4 on there it's the lightest and most well balanced fishing stick I've Jen's ever used !!!

THANKS again guys for bringing the smiles and the tears. Jen stuck out the rain for a good 3 hours, but we couldn't hook her up with anything. A common theme I'm hearing from the lake last week.

jenspielrod1.jpg

jenspielrod2.jpg

jenspielrod3.jpg

Edited by irishfield

I gotta tell you, with the CI4 on there it's the lightest and most well balanced fishing stick I've Jen's ever used !!!

THANKS again guys for bringing the smiles and the tears. Jen stuck out the rain for a good 3 hours, but we couldn't hook her up with anything. A common theme I'm hearing from the lake last week.

Great pics Wayne, thanks for sharing. That's a great reel, compliments a Spiel special "reel" well!