Inflatable friendly lakes...

d_paluch

Hey all!

Just wondering if anyone knows of any good inflatable friendly lakes. I have a voyager 500(similar to the 3 person fishhunter) and a 32lbs thrust trolling motor to get around with. I have custom built a carpeted wood floor for it for added stability and I can even stand up and fish which is always a bonus. I have been fishing Mountsberg reservoir for the past few weekends and it's a lot of fun, but I'm always down to try new areas.

I live in Oakville, so anything within an hour or so drive is good! In the past I have fished Guelph Lake, but with no luck due to a passing storm front that put the fish to :sleeping_02:.

I know that most conservations within Halton/Hamilton have lakes that are smaller and don't get too rough, but any others? Once bass season opens I will be going to Deer Creek (also to 'practice' for the Fish-a-thon For a Cure').

How about Rice/Scugog, given that I stay in a small bay and avoid the larger open waters.

On another note; next weekend I will be going to Killbear Provincial park for a camping trip. Any one have any knowledge on good lakes near by, that are inflatable friendly? I am sorry for asking these types of questions without being able to help others out. The fact is I just don't know enough about the sport to be giving advice, but I am learning LOADS of valuable information on this site!

Thank you all for your help and I hope to see a lot of you out there for the Fish-a-thon!

When Bass season opens up, Orangeville reservoir would be ideal for your boat....mind you there are pike in there as well as the odd crappie and panfish

Edited by johnnyb

awesome guys! thanks for the heads up on island lake, looks perfect! Might even go there this weekend to check out the pike!

if anyone knows any other spots let me know, its going to help make this season more enjoyable!

how about around parry sound?