T.j. Twin Brother?

nelly

camp_bear03_545_7.jpg

T.J. I know you enjoy your hunting and thought you might get a kick from this.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Remember this Buck from the past?

The buck you see below was shot illegally in Dryden, Ontario. Even though it was taken illegally, the whitetail itself can still be entered into the Boone-Crockett record books as taken by an unknown hunter. The deer gets the glory, the poacher gets nothing. It is an Ontario record. News article below.

In Ontario, by law, all hunting rifles must be in their case with a trigger lock at dark. The hunter that took this beautiful buck was chasing him for hours and decided to keep up the hunt. He took the deer 1/2 hour after the legal cut-off time for hunting and on private property. The worse thing is the poacher abandoned the deer to rot. Other hunters reported someone shooting a gun after dark and the MNR (Ministry of Natural Resources) went looking for him.

AUGUST 4 / 2004 - Poachers Plead Guilty

http://www.ocoa.ca/Pages_MNRnews/Documents...7DrydenDeer.htm

OntarioBuck.jpg

The man in the picture is from the Ontario MNR. Nov. 2003

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ONTARIO TROPHY WHITETAIL DEER

Ontario, are neighbors to the north have a new record whitetail deer. Unfortunately it appears that this new record whitetail was killed illegally by two non-residents of Canada.

I spoke with a Conservation officer from the Ontario Ministry of Natural Resources assigned to the Dryden area of North/West Ontario. He confirmed that two non-residents of Canada are currently being investigated for illegally killing this new record whitetail buck after legal shooting hours during this past November firearm deer season. As of now the investigation is on going, but charges are expected in the near future.

This monster whitetail had a gross green score of 223 Boone& Crockett , with a net dry score of 199 7/8. The current world record whitetail was harvested by Milo Hanson in Biggar, Saskatchewan. The Hanson buck has a gross green score of 220 6/8, with a net dry score of 213 5/8.

With several mild winters the deer herd has grown by leaps and bounds in North/West Ontario. Some whitetail experts think that the next new world record whitetail might very well come from this area. The deer in this area live in large tracks of wilderness land, a lot like the monster whitetails that live in Alberta, Manitoba and Saskatchewan. By living in these areas and not having a lot of hunting pressure these whitetails are able to live longer and grow into these large body, big rack bucks like this new record whitetail taken in Ontario. Most of these deer die of old age rather than being taken during the hunting season. Some of the deer I have seen while hunting in Canada I know have never seen a human before, you can tell by the way they act. They usually move at will and most of the trophy bucks are taken during the middle of the day.

Its very unfortunate that Ontario’s new record whitetail buck was taken illegally, it makes all law biding hunters look bad. Hopefully the legal system in Ontario will take the appropriate action against these two people if they are indeed guilty and set an example of them. I will keep you informed of this case as it makes it’s way through the court system.

This story is from Jeff Pendergraff, a retired Michigan Conservation Officer.

Nice Buck..I have a freeind that says that a big buck will make an honest man a criminal!I'm mostly a meat hunter and have taken many deer over the years but I still get the shakes when I see a buck while I'm hunting.Even a doe at first light on a crisp fall day,with nothing but air between me and my quarry still gives me the shakes.As far as doing it the wrong way..I would be afraid of the Karma involved..As they say in Slapshot,no no never.....again' the rules!Glad they got the guy,hope he never sees another deer with a rifle in his hands,that would be punishment enough!

Joe

Thanks Nelly... two things about this post that come to mind... yes I think that guy with the bear looks like me... but what exacly is he doing behind there that makes him smile so much??

and...

That deer is taken in the general region of the province that I like to hunt.. man would i like to get a crack at him... then Id be smiling!!