Compact pop-out / folding Net for Pike / Musky / Walleye

scugpg

I'm trying to track down a net that is very compact (like a folding or pop-out) net that would cover off netting walleye, pike, and the occasional musky (incidental maybe 1-3 per yr). Has anyone seen a larger net that is very compact and can pop-out etc? Just wondering what you would suggest. I like the Ego2 nets not sure if there is one big enough to work for what I'm after.

Edited by scugog

Stowmaster 94IM, this is my primary net for everything. You'll love it. For musky and bigger fish Stowmaster 116.

Stowmaster is the only net I would recommend, very easy to stow away and its very friendly to the fish because of the netting they use, and probably almost indestructible because of the aircraft aluminum construction. Very pricey net, but one of the best investments I've ever made.

• 4 weeks later...

Frabill makes an amazing product called the "Hiber-Net". I used one while catfishing the Grand with Steve Piggott in his boat... net retracts totally inside the handle, and handled 20+ pound cats no problem. Great space saver on any boat. LeBaron had them last time I was there.

I have a Stowmaster, one of the BIG ones, and it is great for musky, but it is so big I would not use it for anything else. I picked it up at JB's.

Here's the link to the Frabill site.

http://www.frabill.com/hiber-net-578.html

You might want to consider a cradle. Rolls up and stows neatly out of the way and is fantastic for handling fish, especially larger ones.

I've got a cradle and it works great, but it's almost impossible to handle if you're on your own.

• 1 month later...

I've got a cradle and it works great, but it's almost impossible to handle if you're on your own.

Yes I would needed the net. Was in wisconsin last week and wish I got the stowmaster now. Is there any where aside from jb's that have them? Maybe a shop near pt huron?

Yes I would needed the net. Was in wisconsin last week and wish I got the stowmaster now. Is there any where aside from jb's that have them? Maybe a shop near pt huron?

Cal Anderson's Pro Bait and Tackle in Port Huron. 2 minutes from the bridge.