Holy Morbidly Obese Pike Batman!!!!

DRIFTER_016

wow big head and fat

for a short fish

Looks like it could swallow a basketball!!!

The lake is ony 1.2 kms X .75 kms at it's widest points!!

I knew the lake holds pike and whitefish but had no idea it produced piggies!!!

It was caught from shore right by the highway.

May have to drop the zodiac in and fish it hard. :whistling:

Super hefty.

Sure its not from up north or earlier in the season? Those trees look bare, and the grass yellow.

Yep it's from up North here in Yellowknife. :lol:

And yes our grass is still brown, trees bare and Great Slave Lake is still over 95% covered with ice. Plus it snowed today. :blink:

Yep it's from up North here in Yellowknife. :lol:

And yes our grass is still brown, trees bare and Great Slave Lake is still over 95% covered with ice. Plus it snowed today. :blink:

Sorry - I assumed you meant Toronto! How toronto'ish of me (center of the universe, and all). Sorry!!

That looks like Jackfish lake, right off the road? I have caught tons of pike in that lake, and seen some big ones. I broke a rod beaching a 10 lber there.

Yep, it is.

I had no idea it grew pike that big in there. :dunno: :dunno:

I haven't fished it because I thought the pike would all be small due to the lakes size. I guess I was wrong. :unsure:

that thing definately ended up on their dinner table judging by how he is holding it...

probly...but I'm assuming the law sez he's legal to do so and those boys will remember that forever! I say good on them...enjoy and once they become avid/addicted like most of us here maybe the next one goes back...there's a learning curve to everything and we've all kept or killed one that we wish we hadn't.

probly...but I'm assuming the law sez he's legal to do so and those boys will remember that forever! I say good on them...enjoy and once they become avid/addicted like most of us here maybe the next one goes back...there's a learning curve to everything and we've all kept or killed one that we wish we hadn't.

well said, i 100% agree with you on that

well said, i 100% agree with you on that

And seeing as that is the nwt where the fishing is as good as you can imagine, especially for pike, i don't think its a problem. Pike that size are common place on great slave lake, it's not as though it's say lake Nipissing where the fishing isn't as advertised and only getting worse.