Tax on new trailer

lew

Morning boyz

I'm having a new tandem axle trailer custom built for my boat and am picking it up next week and am trading in my current trailer.

I think I only pay tax on the price of the trailer after the trade-in has been deducted....am I correct ??

I should have known you had already covered that base good deal Lew. :thumbsup_anim:

Art

When a deal is done and everybody shakes hands with smiles on their faces, life is good. :D

Nice Lew, should make trailering your baby a might easier.

Your right Bruce and I can only blame myself.

When I purchased the Skeeter 2 years ago (you were there), it came on a custom EZ LOADER and when I checked the capacity plate on the trailer and thought it said it was good for carrying 3950 pounds. I didn't especially want a single axle but figured it was good.

A few weeks back I was cleaning under the boat and noticed the trailer wasn't rated for 3950, but rather only 2950 which is darned near the weight of the boat, motor, 3 batteries and gas before I even add all the other stuff.

Diane keeps telling me to put my darned glasses on :lol:

Soon as I noticed how close I was to capacity I ordered the tandem.

No idea why boat companies put new boats on trailers that have very little spare capacity.

I figure that mine is near the capacity as well but for the amount I trailer, I'm not too worried. Did you go with a galvanized trailer?? Or matching paint?? BTW, you are retired now, enjoy and toss the glasses (ok, don't unless you need them to tie knots).

I don't know much about anything Lew but I am pretty certain that Diane spoils you! biggrin.gif

Your 100% correct Chris, and even after 45 years of marriage she still treats me like a Prince :thumbsup_anim:

Did you go with a galvanized trailer?? Or matching paint??

Gonna be painted basically the same color as my current trailer Bruce

2950 is a pretty optimistic rating for a single axle with a 3500 lb axle and 3400 lbs of tire rating (likely). the manufacturer is suggesting it only weighs 500 lbs,which doesn't sound right. and if it does wigh 500lbs, its not built to carry 2950.

good luck with new one!

2950 is a pretty optimistic rating for a single axle with a 3500 lb axle and 3400 lbs of tire rating (likely). the manufacturer is suggesting it only weighs 500 lbs,which doesn't sound right. and if it does wigh 500lbs, its not built to carry 2950.

good luck with new one!

Gross weight is 3650 and the 14" Marathons are rated at 1870 each.

Oh well, I'm towing it 20 miles to Pigeon on the weekend for the musky opener and that'll be the final trip with a load on it.

It's an excellent trailer though with all the options, swing away tongue , LED lights, torsion axle, surge disc brakes, Vault hubs and auto ratcheting rear tie-downs,

It's just not suited for this particular boat.