Carrot sticks

Cabelas has carrot sticks for about 80 bucks... Regular 150 or so...

Anybody use these rods?

Any good?

they were all the rage but apparently had some quality/breakage issues - 80 bucks is worth the gamble IMO

I had 3 of them and I would not give you 5$ for one

Then why'd you by three?

"Fool me 4 times? Shame on?"

Joking aside, I don't think they turned out exactly how people were raving about them for awhile there. I fish St. Croix and I'm sticking to it unless I shell out for a loomis.

I'm glad to read your comment's thebigfish I seen your comment about you leaving for your guide job and I can't think but to take your advice as you obviously have knowledge. I own a St. Croix Mojo Bass I know it's not a top end St. Croix but I really like it that being said I'm going to forget about going and getting a Carrot Stick and stick to St. Croix. Also thebigfish that resort looks amazing if I was workign right now I wold definitly take a trip up there, for now though I'm stuck fishing here. Which is better then no fishing at all.

I have a 6'6" casting model. I have no problem with the rod itself. But I am not a fan of the minimalist reel seat and the thin foam grip. Yes I'm touching the blank all the time. But I find it overall too thin to have a good grip. I have to pair the rod with a higher seated reel so that I can have a good trip.

Have 8 Carrot Stix and love them i've used all the top of the line Rods but i keep going back to the Carrot stix.

To this date i have had no problems with any of the rods weather im fishing for Bass, Pike, Walleye, or even Musky.

The Rods have stayed true.

That's my 2 cents on the Rods

What I read was that the rod that won best in show at I-Cast in 2007 never made it into production.

The carrot based nano bio-fibre technology was too hard to mass produce. Instead of the feather-light $350.00 rod that was rumoured, we got a heavy $150.00 rod that didn't compare very well with the competition.

The second generation rods were nicer, but they seem to be fragile and unfortunately the rod replacement program on warranty claims slowed to a crawl.

This caused a back-lash among tournament guys, which translated into bad press that gave the rods a bad name.

I suspect that these problems were at the top. They lost Ken Whiting who designed the prize winning rod and Boyd Duckett their Bass Master's Classic winning Pro.

These two were so upset with the E21 company that they went out on their own and started a brand new rod company...