Milton/Cambridge/Guelph area recommendations?

Crush

Hey guys,

I was wondering about Kelso Lake, Guelph Lake and Puslinch lake and area. It's fairly close to where we live. 45 min away from us in Mississauga.

There is a $6.25 per adult entrance fee (I'm VERY much biting my tongue right now) and I have no idea how much boat rental costs.

If I fish from the shore, I don't want to catch tiny sunfish. I'd like to catch something fun and have no idea what's in the lake as the conservation websites say that all the lakes have all the fish God created and they aren't very helpful.

Also I can't seem to find user info for these conservation areas. Even my backpack map doesn't list these lakes or describe what's available.

I'm curious about boat rental fees also. I'm willing to pay if it's 'worth it' and would like to know what you guys would recommend?

Belwood is 70 for 4hrs and 115 for 8hrs 14ft tin and yammy 8hp 4stroke :Gonefishing: , pike,bass,perch,catfish...

Guelph lake has a few area's you can launch a tin or canoe but no gas motors.

:Gonefishing:

For Belwood would you recommend off shore fishing as the boat prices seem 'insane'.

Im going back to,what are you listening to now.

As for your Kelso ?. I fished the dam 30 years ago. Both top and bottom ,even a mile or so stretch further south. Caught browns and rainbows.

Bellwood, the same pretty much as kelso.

My linkIf you're looking for a cheap canoe rental, try wagjag Hamilton...Beach Marine has a one, two and seven day canoe rental deals for $10,20 and 40 respectively....only one more day for this deal....

Im going back to,what are you listening to now.

As for your Kelso ?. I fished the dam 30 years ago. Both top and bottom ,even a mile or so stretch further south. Caught browns and rainbows.

Bellwood, the same pretty much as kelso.

Hey thanks.

I actually have Sun News on in the background. Great news TV station. Excellent channel.

But yeah I guess I'll have to go and pay and see for myself as there's so little info available. Who knows, there could be a CRAZY amount of fish, fully stalked, but no one go's because of the fee's.

There's info about entrance fees sure.

But not where to fish, or what the lakes offer as far as fishing goes or where to fish.

Yes, and when someone finds this information, please pass the information on to me on where to fish on Georgian Bay... :whistling:

Hey thanks.

I actually have Sun News on in the background. Great news TV station. Excellent channel.

But yeah I guess I'll have to go and pay and see for myself as there's so little info available. Who knows, there could be a CRAZY amount of fish, fully stalked, but no one go's because of the fee's.

Yes, and when someone finds this information, please pass the information on to me on where to fish on Georgian Bay... whistling.gif

LOL for sure can i get on this mailing list

70 for a couple hrs is to much

You could allways get your own boat

but then you will get charged 10 to launch it

one nevers know

$6.25?? That's only $3.13 per line ! :sarcasm:

I'm from Ottawa. I've never heard of a fishing license, let alone a 'conservation area' until coming here to the GTA and am amazed at big brother police state in Ontario here.

Where I'm from, you could smoke in restaurants, smoke and drink in a boat, park your boat where you want, even have airplanes parked out in the water out in constance bay.

Now, we're at a point where you can't use lawn pesticide, have to have a license for your pet, fishing, boating, hunting, etc etc. You can't talk on a cell phone in your car. You can't do ANYTHING anymore. We really have become a police state in these last 7-8 years.

I have to say that as a tax payer and Canadian, I am VERY offended to get charged $6.25 fee to be able to use land that is my own. I never, ever saw this until coming to the GTA. In Ottawa we never had these rules. Ottawa/Hull area is where I'm from and learned where to fish. Lots of stories from back home. Ottawa river right by the Parliament buildings.

Here's what I'll do. I'll go explore these pay 'conservation areas' myself and report my findings. I'll speak to the anglers myself and find how the fishing is, how much the boats cost, etc.

I'll check out the alchohol laws and see what is allowed and what isn't. In Ottawa you just didn't think about this stuff cause it wasn't a police state. But things have gotten so out of control now to the point they might search my car, place me under arrest and put me into holdings. Who knows! Put handcuffs on me and tie me to the truck and drag me to get some giggles.

As soon as the weather is good to go out I'll be report back my findings and am going to start with lake Kelso in Milton. Very close and right off the 401 for everyone to get to.

I'm sorry.. but Ottawa has the same rules. Fishing licences in Ontario have been around for a VERY long time now. Alchohol in public.. maybe it's just a "valley" thing to think that's okay.. it's not legal anywhere in Ontario. (BTW.. I grew up in Sin City.. if you don't know where that is you're not really from Ottawa!)

Oh.. I almost forgot.. airplanes on Constance Lake.. legal and a federal right to everyone in Canada. The Province/Townships/Cities/Towns have no constitutional capacity to access any planning power over aviation. I can even say I've enjoyed that aerodrome!

Edited by irishfield

I'm from Ottawa. I've never heard of a fishing license, let alone a 'conservation area' until coming here to the GTA and am amazed at big brother police state in Ontario here.

Where I'm from, you could smoke in restaurants, smoke and drink in a boat, park your boat where you want, even have airplanes parked out in the water out in constance bay.

WOW what to say to that lol

Sounds like you might work for sun news. I understand your sentiment but at the same time I have this awful feeling that your trying to insult the intelligence of the average guy here. Of course you have heard of fishing licenses and drinking in boats is off side. Are you really trying to get Info on Kelso or Belwood? Or are you scolding the horrible society that we have created. Go fish the lakes. Use your knowledge to dissect them and keep your information to yourself. And if you feel you must lecture the Toronto people on "way of life issues" , keep it to yourself. You don't want the granny state (neither do I ). So why do you want "Granny" to tell you where to fish and how? Grow a set and earn it.

Being from Ottawa has nothing to do with you trolling :clapping: This is the funniest comment I have ever heard. You didnt really think of it before you wrote it though. I have 4 "Conservation Areas" withing 5 kms of my house. I live 45 mins from downtown Ottawa. Ottawa must also not be in Ontario? Which Ottawa are you from? Ottawa PEI?

Oh, you must have just come from 1963. Welcome to 2011. Again, you have succeeding in making me laugh. I have been in Constance Bay 8 times so far this year, not once have I seen a float plane. Yes, as Wayne said, there are 2 guys on Constance Lake that have planes, but not many in the Bay on the River. I have a friend who lives a few mins from Fitzroy, I'll let him know to keep an eye out for you. :whistling:

In Ottawa we never had these rules. Ottawa/Hull area is where I'm from and lear

ned where to fish. Lots of stories from back home. Ottawa river right by the Parliament buildings.

I grew up in Stoney Creek. Near Hamilton. Dafasco and Stelco are there. Right by Burlington Street. Lots of stories too.

I have never learned where to fish though. I learned how to fish. Every time I am out I learn somewhere else to fish.

I dont even know why I wasted my time giving in to you, but I did. I typed to much already to just cancel it. So I am posting.

It would be nice if a mod would just lock this. This guys posts are comical, I know there will be more. So just lock this one and let him start another :angel:

Edited by MuskyMike

This should be locked soon.... :whistling:

Where I'm from, you could smoke in restaurants, smoke and drink in a boat,

You can't talk on a cell phone in your car.

In Ottawa we never had these rules. Ottawa/Hull area is where I'm from and learned where to fish.

Here's what I'll do. I'll go explore these pay 'conservation areas' myself and report my findings. I'll speak to the anglers myself and find how the fishing is, how much the boats cost, etc.

Ya, should be good report.

I'll check out the alchohol laws and see what is allowed and what isn't. In Ottawa you just didn't think about this stuff cause it wasn't a police state.

:whistling:

Hard to tell if you are a troll or just living under a rock.

Licences have been mandatory in Ontario for a quarter century. Yes, Ottawa is in Ontario.

Lockdown coming.... :whistling: