Ice out pike with my boy

limeyangler

Hi all,

Been busy...busy....busy. Thats where a lake at the bottom of the yard helps.....and i managed 20 minutes yesterday with boy between nightshifts to try for a big ice out pike...got one...but it was probably last years hatch......lol.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o8jTGD6OTho?hl=en&fs=1"></param><param'>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o8jTGD6OTho?hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o8jTGD6OTho?hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Very nice Simon! Just watched the video with Leah and we both said the same thing... you can sure tell when a kid grows up around the water.

he's pretty good now Wayne...he did land in the drink the other day though...he was trying to launch his plastic sleigh and SPLASH...he was soaked through but only cried when he realised i was going to take him inside to change!

The plunk in the water was good for him.... and just watching him on the rock with you, you can tell he's a "water" person and knows what it's all about already. This summer you'll make a swimmer out of him and you can rest easy.

Hey Limey I'm working at a lodge on eagle lake..just got here 3 days ago. You should come by at some point during the season. Would be my first time fishing with an OFC'er...and it would be 1000+ kilos away from home lol

Welcome to God's country.

Eagle is a beauiful lake & a world class fishery.You will enjoy this summer for sure.

Which lodge are you working at?

Welcome to God's country.

Eagle is a beauiful lake & a world class fishery.You will enjoy this summer for sure.

Which lodge are you working at?

Loving it so far. Just need to get my non resident license so I can try n get some smallies before pike n walleye opens. I'm at Eagle Lake Island Lodge.

Edited by Canucker

Hey Limey I'm working at a lodge on eagle lake..just got here 3 days ago. You should come by at some point during the season. Would be my first time fishing with an OFC'er...and it would be 1000+ kilos away from home lol

Your on!

And if you get time any day soon to try for bass and pike...you could always pm me and tell me what time you are picking me up at the Eagle River landing...its a 15 minute ride from my place and i think thats where your camp picks up guests.

Great release Simon.

As one who works in the 'social services' sector Blair, you of all people would know that allowing the fish to release itself is all about 'empowerment'

kids are fearless..... :clapping:

Not always a good thing....lol

The plunk in the water was good for him.... and just watching him on the rock with you, you can tell he's a "water" person and knows what it's all about already. This summer you'll make a swimmer out of him and you can rest easy.

Yeah...he has been to swimming lessons since he was 2 months old, gonna try and get him enthused about getting his head under with a mask and snorkel this summer...i know a lake where he could watch the perch and bass swimming around.

nice one Simon/Jack!

Thanks Geoff, hopefully the catches increase in size a bit for me this season!

Very good vid of "famous Jack",both my boys grew up around the lake,the very best place to grow up,IMHO.

Absolutely the best place...oh...and thanks for the link to the cottage website...interesting.

Off to a great start Simon and family! Isn't it great when it's just beginning, and that you know you have the entire season ahead of you! Gotta love it

Absofreekinlutely Disco...i'm so pumped...only 9 more days and i'll be hitting Lac Seul...cant wait!