Big Otter Creek Sanctuary

Hey everyone a few guys have been looking into trying to get a sanctuary set up myself being one of them and we are making some head way now we want to show how much support there is in the angling community this will be at the falls in tillsonburg and possibly part of the river during closed times to help with enforcement so guys can't say "We are just sucker fishing "with a $1000 custom float rod and reel .So if you fish for steelhead in the river or Lake Erie please sign the petition and get your buddies to do the same Thanks in advance for your support.

http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/bocsanctuary/

I signed it... and then it prompted me for a donation. It won't let me NOT give a donation.... The donation is NOT for the sanctuary but for the petition service itself.

Bottom line. I can't sign it. Sorry. I tried. :(

Oops... now I have an email that say I HAVE signed it... :unsure:

Edited by splashhopper

I didn't know they asked for a donation ? hey OFNers our petition has lost it's steam if you could take a minute to sign it it would be greatly appreciated we are trying to get a area that should already be a sanctuary (under a waterfalls) to be posted and a cable put in place this won't effect any fishing opportunities and will benefit the fishery for many years to come .

I didn't know they asked for a donation ? hey OFNers our petition has lost it's steam if you could take a minute to sign it it would be greatly appreciated we are trying to get a area that should already be a sanctuary (under a waterfalls) to be posted and a cable put in place this won't effect any fishing opportunities and will benefit the fishery for many years to come .

It still wont't stop the Amish from throwing boulders at the fish and scooping them up with nets !

good work Shawn :clapping:

It still wont't stop the Amish from throwing boulders at the fish and scooping them up with nets !

good work Shawn :clapping:

Hey Dave the Amish have no special privlages and still need a fishing lisence and I was assured by a CO that they would be charged if they get caught and for the most part they are honest people and I don't think they would do it if it's posted .Were you down there when it happened ? my buddy called me I thought he was gonna blow a gasket he was so mad .

Hey Dave the Amish have no special privlages and still need a fishing lisence and I was assured by a CO that they would be charged if they get caught and for the most part they are honest people and I don't think they would do it if it's posted .Were you down there when it happened ? my buddy called me I thought he was gonna blow a gasket he was so mad .

No I wasn't down there but the same guy that told you about it also told me.

What you guys are doing with the petition and signs is long over due.

I want to understand what this means better: "This petition is to show there is a need for a sanctuary on the big otter creek in the tilsonburg area to stop people fishing out of season for migratory rainbow trout." Does this mean a complete no fishing for any species during the closed season for trout? Is there a zone where this would be applied or the entire tributary? Is there a valid recreational fishery for any other specie during the closed trout season?

Thanks

I want to understand what this means better: "This petition is to show there is a need for a sanctuary on the big otter creek in the tilsonburg area to stop people fishing out of season for migratory rainbow trout." Does this mean a complete no fishing for any species during the closed season for trout? Is there a zone where this would be applied or the entire tributary? Is there a valid recreational fishery for any other specie during the closed trout season?

Thanks

We are trying to get the 22.9m below the water falls marked a provincial fish sanctuary (which it already is but is NOT enforced without being posted) and there is suckers and carp to be caught during the closed trout season. People are using the course fish as a excuse to fish for steelhead out of season. I have seen a tonne of guys the last few years float fishing with roe saying they are sucker fishing. The fish get jammed up at the dam and this will protect them from the honest anglers, poachers don't care but atleast we can call the tips line if they are fishing above the cable and signs. I definately don't want to shut the whole river down but the dam area needs to be a sanctuary badly.

We are trying to get the 22.9m below the water falls marked a provincial fish sanctuary (which it already is but is NOT enforced without being posted) and there is suckers and carp to be caught during the closed trout season. People are using the course fish as a excuse to fish for steelhead out of season. I have seen a tonne of guys the last few years float fishing with roe saying they are sucker fishing. The fish get jammed up at the dam and this will protect them from the honest anglers, poachers don't care but atleast we can call the tips line if they are fishing above the cable and signs. I definately don't want to shut the whole river down but the dam area needs to be a sanctuary badly.

i will probably never fish that river but have signed the petition

anything to help out the steelhead fishery

wtg srt8 give yourself a pat on the back :clapping:

we need to keep those poachers at bay :devil: sanctuary all the way good luck

seeya around

pauL

p.s post this on the http://www.floatfishing.net/ sight i am sure the members there would be happy to fill some more of those petitions