Her maiden voyage

mercman

Took the new boat out today, and she handles real fine.Putzed around for the first hour, getting used to the controls and setting the sonar/GPS up the way i like em. Had her up to 30mph on the gps,then let her slide back down.There was still alot of throttle left, but gotta break'er in first.I'm sure she will do at least 37mph wide open.

Pike opened yesterday, and there were a few boats on the water.No fishdunno.gif The water here is high and muddy from all of the flooding in the area.The boat ramp area was full of floating logs and branches. I spoke to a few anglers on the water, and none had gotten anything.The wife was using nitecrawlers and i was using a live target perch for pike, but there was literally only an inch of visibility and i wasnt even marking any fish.I have never seen the water here so muddy and high.

Hopefully the water will clear up in a week if we dont get anymore rain. I'm going back out tomorrow with a plan to fish some of the faster waters east of where we were today.Hoepfully thats where they are.Gonefishing.gif

I felt like a school boy on his first dateblush.gif taking her out. I brought her back to the dock with a swagger in my step, yelling avast me mateys !!!th_duel.gif Come up to me chambers and see the Captains Log!!!

Congrats on the christening, Paul. East will be worse than where you were. Go west or better still, hit the Townships for trout or wawa. There's one place east of you that may be clear, PM me if you need the info. Go get'em.

I felt like a school boy on his first dateblush.gif taking her out. I brought her back to the dock with a swagger in my step, yelling avast me mateys !!!th_duel.gif Come up to me chambers and see the Captains Log!!!

YEP

Your the king of the hill.

Congrats.

On all of your accomplishmentsthumbsup_anim.gifclapping.gif

Saltydawg

Edited by saltydawg

I felt like a school boy on his first dateblush.gif taking her out.

you could always say you took a wave broadside and thats why your pants were wet in that certain area... :whistling:

Congrates on the maiden voyage

Congrats on the maiden voyage. Here's to many more and some new boat slime thumbsup_anim.gif

Thanks Joey !!

Actually,Twocoda nailed it on the head. I cut across the bow wave of a Cruiser in the channel and we were going a bit fast.whistling.gif I saw it coming, but the wife was facing the back of the boat.mellow.gif Lets just say I will definately slow down a little in the futurerofl2.gifwhistling.gif

Oh God.....you guys got that high and muddy water up there too.....so far the fishing has SUCKED with these lake conditions down here...

It's the worse flooding / high water conditions I have seen in over 50 years of fishing......as you can see here....http://www.buffalonews.com/sports/other/outdoors/article416954.ece