Not Pike but I don't mind

Started out this morning wondering about the weather, not looking good but I said lets go anyway, Randy meets me at 9am I load my stuff into his boat & off to the Baie, as we arrive it looking very dark so we decide to wait a few minutes or 30, after the thunder moves on & the rain lets up a bit, we launch the boat & off we go very little wind & nobody else around, started throwing Spinnerbaits, Swimbaits, Jerkbaits & Crankbaits with only one follow, we decide to head for the outflow at Bruce A, started throwing a small X-Rap Jerkbait & wham I'm into a 3.5lb Brown, my 1st in about 20 yrs after 1/2 an hour with nothing else I switch baits & land 3 more Browns a 1.5, 2.5 & a 6.2lber, by now the wind is blowing pretty good & we decide to head back into the Baie, as we get closer to the rock shoal we need to go around to get back to shore, we are looking at 3 footers with white caps coming off shore, man did we get wet, but it was well worth it, biggest Brown was 22 3/4" not big enough to help Team #10 out but a real nice fighter

SBK

Back at it tomorrow I hope come on Pike

PICT0026.jpgPICT0023.jpg

Nice catches! Hope to see another report with a big Northern in it, good luck out there.

MTBF

Oh I'm trying, I've been out 5 times for Pike & have caught Bass, Carp & Browns, hopefully Pike tomorrow, Dad & I are hoping to get out if the weather isn't to bad, he's not liking High Winds & Down Pours

Thanx Guys SBK

Edited by spinnerbaitking

wait till you hook into a 20+ pounder brown....keep at it ...they are there...are you fishing the spring derby?

I don't really have the boat for it, I've fished the Derbies before but my buddy sold his boat, I like Casting more than Trolling, I'm likely going to the Belwood Lion's Pike Derby the last weekend in May, I've likely been to 15 or more of them, a Buddy came in second there once with a 36.75" Pike

SBK