Play OnLine poker??

Gerritt

Pokerstars.net, absolutepoker.com and fulltilt are the largest out there!.. they are not even US based companies.. but payments are flowing through the US.. I believe that is where they got in trouble... The FEDS have seized their domains etc... should be interesting

G

I can see how they can seize US website ........

I can see them going after money that is going to us citizens........it is illegal in the US.....

but affecting a legal business in another country seems like a pretty tough thing to do

I will be reading more about this to see how it plays out

the problem is they were using fraudulent payment processors. they (the owners of said poker sites ) actually bought banks just to have the ability to serve the us market. what the govt is alleging is that these processors were acting fraudulently by claiming the cashouts to players in the us were for things like refund on golf equipment purchased, clothing, and other items. they are being charged with bank fraud. as canadians, we currently have no worries (unless the client itself is shut down). this is of concern to us based players, as they can no longer access the clients. will probably be charged under RICO. interesting to see how this plays out. you can check twoplustwo for more info.

I had not logged into my account for a while and when I finally did after reading this thread, PokerStars had a message saying they have changed their domain address to '.eu' instead of the previous '.com' They also claimed business as usual and everybody's account balances were safe. Fortunately I only have about U$200 in my account so it's not a huge deal if it's eventually lost but you have to believe this is going to hurt business since players with thousands in their accounts won't likely chance staying with the site. Having said that there are currently more than 110,000 players in games as I type. I too will be interested to see how this plays out.

I play PokerStars a few times a week on the penny tables. I've only ever made one deposit of about $30 a few years ago, whenever it was that somebody set up a little private OFC tourney there.

I happened to win that game and have been playing with the resulting $100 ever since. Right now I only have about $25 in play, but my account has varied from as low as $6 to almost $200 at one time.

I have never taken a payout and probably wouldn't bother ever making another deposit if I finally ever do lose my pittance invested.

But for a $30 lark at least 3 (maybe even 4) years ago, it's been fun. I'm sure that PokerStars has made a good return on my play, must be hundreds in rakes and tourney fees.

I also wanted to mention, on PokerStars anyways, American players make up a very small percentage of the total, probably even less than Canadian. The vast majority of players seem to be eastern European (Russian, Ukraine, etc.) with a scattering from the rest of the world.

Funny, I just received this today from PokerStars...

As you may have heard, due to recent developments in the USA, we had to make changes to our website address. We have moved the PokerStars website to www.pokerstars.eu. Our Support email address has also moved to [email protected].

These developments do not have any impact on your ability to play real money games and tourneys on PokerStars - it is business as usual for all players outside the USA. Sit & Go's, Multi-Table Tourneys and cash ring games at all stakes and limit types are running normally. You can rest assured that player balances are safe.

If you have any further questions, please contact us at [email protected]. In the meantime, please continue to enjoy playing our games! We thank you for choosing PokerStars.

The PokerStars Team

Find the Poker Star in you!