2 flies?

fishin jesus

i've watched a few video's of guys Fly fishing using 2 flies at the same time. The guy was running a 2 foot line tied from his first fly ( Wooly bugger) and he had a smaller Stonefly running as his 2nd fly off the bottom ./ Looks like it could be quite productive

does anyone know if that is a legal tactic in Ontario?.....I'm tending to think it is but I need some re assurance.

Not legal on the Grand River in the special regulation sections around Fergus/Elora. "Single barbless hook only". Legal to have up to 3 hooks on your line any where else in Ontario, that's why many minnow imitations have 3 trebles (ie. Rapalas).

DAn O.

Legal to have up to 3 hooks on your line any where else in Ontario, that's why many minnow imitations have 3 trebles (ie. Rapalas).

DAn O.

You're allowed 4 hooks per line in Ontario, unless specified elsewise as you pointed out on the Grand and Lake Nipigon would be another example.

[thanks gang !!! my first run through a pool this year will have a black Wooly bugger up top........black Stone fly running right off the bottom !!!

sounds great in theory.............but anyone that knows me will be wondering long long before I'm tangled up or hung up in a tree branch !!

Personally I do it the other way .... Magog smelt ... chasing a beadhead woolly Buggar .. chasing a small montreal dark ... and being the competitors that they are youd be surpised how often its the front fly that gets hit (especially in wild speck waters)