Fishing Tv Shows

ccmtcanada

I'm addicted to my WFN. I like alot of fishing shows. Keep in mind I'm a newbie so my opinions may vary greatly from some of the seasoned veterans on this board. Classic Patterns may be the most informative for me. It's really good at teaching you how to fish. What to look for as far as structure,weather,reading the water etc. Charlie Ingrams on Fishing university is pretty good at teaching too and he's funny with lines like "it excites me down to my googles" LOL. Fishin Canada is a very good show IMO and one of the few that will give you the locations they fish (right down to coordinates sometimes). If I had to pick one TV fishing celeb to go fishing with it'd probably be Pete Bowman from this show. Actually Ron James from Fish TV seems like he'd be fun too.If you're looking for something intense Extreme Angler definetely fits the bill. Man can that guy catch some Kawartha bass..... awesome! Definetely "power fishing". On a completely different wavelength, the scenery and production of Mark Krupa's Hooked on Fishing is great. He's also really excited about fishing (almost in awe) and that comes through in every show. To use a musical analogy,Mark Krupa is jazz, K-Dawg is thrash metal. It depends what you're in the mood for. Darryl Choronzey and Bob Izumi are great to watch but sometimes they pump the products (older shows especially) so hard it drives me nuts. I guess that's what pays the bills sometimes it just get a little excessive. I'd still love to go fishing with either one and that shore lunch would be great.. yum. Now The Next Bite I've only seen once so far. Either I have a conflicting schedule or it's not on that much. Seems like it's only on at 1:30 in the morning darn it. I'd love to watch more about those "toothy critters". Man I could go on all night. Go to WFN and check it out. They have some shows on demand right now so if you have high speed you can watch some shows. Seriously ....... check out the Lumberjack Larrgemouth Extreme Angler (go to the top 15 tab on the top of the page). Happy couch warming.

Ya we get a few...

Pete Maina - The Next Bite is on quite a bit - The Next Bite

Dave Mercer drops in a bit - The Facts of Fishing

Aaron Shirley is frequently in here - Getting Hooked

Shaun Rickard - Urban Outdoor Adventures as well as his staff members post here - Urban Outdoor Adventures

I'm working on a couple more.. but its hard to get them on here sometimes when its so easy for users to take pretty much anonymous shots at them, so I undertsand thier hesitancy sometimes.. but from my experience if they are cool and come off that way they are very well recieved ..

Thats why you surround yourself with RottWellers :)

Actually the nice thing and beauty of OFC is its always been a safe board and place to contribute

Congrats on the beauty board guys

Been awhile ,needed a break

I like em all,I guess cause I work with em all

I do know,you wanna watch The Next Bite,Getting Hooked with Aaron and Barry and Urban Outdoors this coming winter,We got some great footage and I think some great singning also

Do you have the time to listen to whine

About nothing and everting all at once

I am one of those melodramatic fools ,Neurotic to the bone no doubt about it

Edited by marc thorpe

Similar to T.J. I'm a little biased on this one because I know Shaun, but met him as a fan after I started watching (so I guess it's not that bad.)

My favorite would have to be Urban Outdoor Adventures. I regulary watch quite a few others, but this show seems to be a little more cutting edge and faster paced for my taste. I grew up watching shows of the south with hosts yelling "look-a-that-bayass" and have grown very tired of it. I seem to gravitate towards shows that are more informative and aren't just a couple of talking heads telling bad jokes.

Ryan

Thanks everyone! Rogers Digital is offering WFN free of charge for now, so I'll sit back and start watching! Thanks to all who posted their fav shows, and to those who are either host the shows or work on them, thanks for adding your posts as well. Looking foward to watching, and learning....and hopefully catching more fish next spring.

I think Urban Outdoor Adventures is by far the best fishing show on tv here in Canada. I am getting so sick of Italo fishing with his wife, Barb. Cronzeys days are done, just do an eating show he would like it better. Food network for him.LOL Izumi still has a decent show but hats off to Urban Outdoor Adventures.

I agree -- Mark Krupa has a great show -- even though I'm not a fly fisherman.

I *hate* the driving rock music on the 'extreme' fishing shows. They turn me off wanting to watch WFN. The whole point of fishing, for me, is to escape the noise and respect the environment. I don't get a sense of a whole lotta respect for the fish on those shows...

Thanks to TJ for e-mailing me a link to this thread. I haven't posted in a while as I've been pretty busy, I have to say that the new board looks great, good job guys!

Thanks for the kind words about the show, it's great to hear that people are enjoying what we put together each year. It's a lot of work but what a way to make a living, I'm truly blessed. I'm also fortunate to have a very talented and committed crew behind me.

For those of you that may be interested, or perhaps missed us over the past 2 years on OLN, CTV and CH, we just signed a deal with WFN. They will be rerunning seasons 1 & 2 of Urban Outdoor Adventures over the next 52 weeks. We should start airing around December 1st, but you may want to check the WFN site for our official air dates and times: http://www.wfn.tv

Thanks again everyone, and from all of us at Hook More Fish Television Inc we hope you continue to enjoy the show. We have some pretty exciting new stuff that we're incorporating into the show next year B)

Cheers and all the best,

Shaun

Edited by Muskyfanatic

I would also like to say thanks for the great feedback for Getting Hooked with Aaron and Barry. I know many of you don't get the channel Wild TV that we air on currently, however most of you should be able to watch our show starting January 7th Sunday mornings on the Outdoor Life Network. Make sure to tune into our show Sunday mornings on OLN this January, as we have filmed with two members of OFC this year, Marc Thorpe and Tony Bolger!

When I'm not busy working on the show, this message forum is my favourite place to visit on the web. TJ and the crew here are great, and the members that make this forum are top notch people. This is a great internet community and a great place to meet other anglers that share our passion.

Good fishing!

Aaron Shirley

I would like to get out to another swill. I don't always have the time to get on here and see the swill dates working two full-time jobs. If you could send me a pm or e-mail with the next swill date, I'll do my best to be there... unless I'm working of course. I had a lot of fun at the last swill I was at.

Good fishing!

Aaron Shirley

My favorites are,

The dimestore- fisherman- insanity at its best

Shelly and Coutney-Dummies at its best

Canadian Sports fishing-2 guys that broke the law for buisness-pulling the wool over your eyes at its best

That guy that advertises at its best- over and over and over. Seagar, Okuhma- is that a good enough hint