is this a good reel?

hey guys looks like ill be getting the Abu Garcia Ambassadeur 4600C3 4600 C3 Casting Reel, is this a good reel? and for what r they best for?

One would assume Casting? :lol: perhaps a bit of trolling as well?

Gerritt.

You'll do OK with the C-3

It's an inexpensive reel but stands up well and will take some abuse with basic maintanance.

The 4600 is the smallest version but will work well for casting and can also be used as a trolling reel with the clicker to alert you to a strike.

I've had a 4600C3 for three years and I love. I've used it primarily to cast, however, last season I put it on a 7'6" flipping stick which I use to launch my top water frog. It's a deadly combo.

I've also taken it down to Florida with me for fishing the intercoastal waterways and piers. I highly recommend it. I picked up a 4600c3 and a 5500c3 from ebay for app. $50.00 each, brand new.

Yea, thats a solid little reel for sure. Great pike casting reel, also as mentioned use it to troll for pike, lakers or walleye. I see nothing wrong with braided line on this reel at all. I've even seen guys using them to ice fish lake trout. I prefer the traditional or round type, but then my hands are large and I like to have something to hold on to, the larger reel just feels more comfortable to me.

Edited by Dano

thnx guys!

I've had a 4600C3 for three years and I love. I've used it primarily to cast, however, last season I put it on a 7'6" flipping stick which I use to launch my top water frog. It's a deadly combo.

I've also taken it down to Florida with me for fishing the intercoastal waterways and piers. I highly recommend it. I picked up a 4600c3 and a 5500c3 from ebay for app. $50.00 each, brand new.

yup i just got my off ebay for 52 canadian, sweeeet deal!

:whistling: The 4600 C is an excellent reel. I have used two of them for several years,for large pike and they have worked great.They are just as stong as the 5000 and 6000 series reels,they just have a smaller line capacity.The gears,drag and anti reverse are the same in all the Ambassadeur reels.Great reels, I have used them for thirty years."Good Fishing"