How do you find a boats value?

GBW

Hey all.

I have a Meyers Laker 14 tinny that I added seats to and thinking of getting a different boat. How does one come up with the value when going to sell the boat? I forget what we paid for it... :wallbash:

Thanks,

Geoff

Hey all.

I have a Meyers Laker 14 tinny that I added seats to and thinking of getting a different boat. How does one come up with the value when going to sell the boat? I forget what we paid for it... :wallbash:

Thanks,

Geoff

Check want adds for similar product....but actually the buyer sets the price in the end.

look at new versions of the boat and decide what percentage of abuse/use you have gotten from it. If you think it is at the half life then 50% of the value. If the person who shows up is nice and has a sad story deduct as much as you want from the asking price. No one will ever argue with you if you sell it for less than the advertised price.... just don't pad it to much or the calls will be limited. Must often if I can afford to and have had all of the fun I could from an item I give it to a friend. They will usually come back with one of his old toys to trade or he will help you in the future with one of those need a buddy jobs.

Art

How old is it? I think you can buy a new one for 1200-1300.

it's about 10 years old and no leeks that I have ever seen/found.

here it is back in Nov 2009.

11865_188537751973_744971973_3957682_3340521_n.jpg

Does the floater make my...never mind... :whistling:

yes it does Geoff, yes it does.

Are you just selling the boat, or with motor and trailer.

DAMN! For now, just the boat as I don't have a proper trailer for it and the Honda will go on another boat.

Who's the fattie in the boat?

my brother? :whistling: See what an XL or XXL floater does to people.... :rolleyes:

Skinny me and I weigh less now...

n539966252_1400207_214.jpg

I sold a 1960 14' Thornes a few years ago for $500. No dents, no leaks and in mint condition for a boat it's age.

It included original 10hp Johnson (1960) in working order.

It was strictly advertised by word of mouth.

The kid that bought it started to dicker with the price and I told him it was $500, if he was planning on giving me any less, I would take it to Zubick's for scrap. Done deal.

I was glad to basically, give someone their first boat, ever.

He got all equipment, anchor, etc.,etc.(he didn't know that at time of purchase).

Set a value that you would be happy with and make someone else happy at the same time.

Thank you all.

It does not have a proper trailer. I use my zodiac trailer if needed as this boat stays in the boathouse all the time. I just need something with a bit more room to take the kids' out in rather then use the 19' fiberglass.