Vicious Pro Elite Fluorocarbon Fishing Line

GBW

So I wanted to try a new floro line and BPS had the Vicious Pro Elite Fluorocarbon Fishing Line on sale so I picked up a spool. Anyone here use it? Good/bad reviews? The main use for this is to cast crank and jerk baits in a very clear lake as well as troll from time to time. Thanks.

Geoff

pronews_GS2_vicious_350x313.jpg

Hey Geoff I haven't tried this kind but when you spool it up take your spool off and soak it in hot water takes alot of the memory out of it

Anytime I put a mono or floro line on I do this, but thanks. Others may not know this.

Anytime I put a mono or floro line on I do this, but thanks. Others may not know this.

clapping.gifclapping.gif

I for one,did not know this.Line memory is one of the reasons i switched to braid.Maybe now i will load mono on one of my reels and give it another go.

I loaded my musky reel up with some of the new SpiderWire Flouro Braid, i picked up at Sail today.Looks and feels really nice. Cant wait to try it.

clapping.gifclapping.gif

I for one,did not know this.Line memory is one of the reasons i switched to braid.Maybe now i will load mono on one of my reels and give it another go.

I loaded my musky reel up with some of the new SpiderWire Flouro Braid, i picked up at Sail today.Looks and feels really nice. Cant wait to try it.

I get a bucket off one of my kids and fill it with HOT water and lay the spool in it, works like a charm.

th_hijacked.gif Sorry Geoff

I think i will go soak my `LINE` in a bucket of hot water.

SRT8...in 33 days my boat will be new, and yours will be used!!rofl2.gifrofl2.gifrofl2.gif

Don't care as I'm going on hour 20 or so now so off to bed...

FYI, it's use is as a main line if I didn't say it. now time for bed...

Also, when spooling a spinning reel, always lay the spool down with the label side up. When spooling a baitcaster, you can get someone to hold the spool with a dowel or pencil through it...keep the ling taut going on the reel.

I don't like fluorocarbon as a mainline at all. They make excellent leaders and tippets though.

Great tip indeed...i have a question though.

Would you soak the line in hot water before you spool it or after?

Hey Roy i recently purchased some Maxima fluorocarbon that i planned on using as my main line on one of my reels this year. I was looking forward to it....what didn't you like about using flouro as a main line??