Navionics Question

sneak_e_pete

Just the way my 580 works. In sim mode it starts near England. It will have the international version of the UniMap built into your finder on top of the cards you add. The UniMap is low definition with basically only shore lines.

When your GPS is active it will center you on your location. It will also choose the best available map it has access to which will be your gold card in area's it covers. In other area's it will revert to the UniMap.

The 580 is basically the same as the 587 except yours is colour & has slightly more sonar power.

Rick

Good thread Pete. I got a 587 back in December and haven't turned it on yet. Now i won't panic if it tells me i am in England somewhereclapping.gif

With your navigating skills, AND the fact that you are on the St Lawrence Seaway, trust your instruments...... :tease::tease:

Good thread Pete. I got a 587 back in December and haven't turned it on yet. Now i won't panic if it tells me i am in England somewhereclapping.gif

If you stop at a pub on the way home and there're serving warm beer, you might just be in England.... :rofl2: :rofl2: :rofl2: