Softwater 2011 Goals

jedimaster

A 50" muskie-I set that goal every year. Head back to Quinte for a spring trip and catch some of those odd fish that we don't get in the Kawarthas like Sheephead, silver/white bass and gar pike and anything else that is strange.

Fish at least 5 times a week.

My goals for this year are

Raise at least $500.00 for Fish A thon for a cure (anyone want to pledge me?)

Dunville cat fishing (never done it sounds like fun)

would love to catch my first waleye (might be another trip to Dunville)

get me some cold water pike off LPB

perch

bass

hope fully hook up with a bunch of other great fishing people for fun

get at least 2 or three people fishing that either never have or havn't in long time (even if just once)

get to know Long point bay areas much better in my boat

would love to be able to get out fishing at least once a week

get to be better with the two baitcasting setups I have (won one last year at Fish A Thon)

Edited by skinny

Being a hard core jig fisherman for bass, it will be hard to drop that rod. But, I would like to try dailing in cranks a bit more for largies.

Also, I AM GOING TO TRY THIS - THIS YEAR, I have to engrave that in my brain. I have an idea to use a slip float for finiky bass around weedlines and other structure when there is a undergrowth. I've pondered it for a few years now.. but sometimes it's tough to try new things when you are pressed for time on the water. I figure this would still give a vertical presentation when you usually have to fish this water horizontally to avoid burying your bait in the undergrowth/silt. I AM GOING TO TRY THIS - THIS YEAR.

I saw an article in Bass Master Magazine where a guy used a float with a wacky-worm over weed beds. He said that it worked best on windy days when the float would bob and work the bait.

Garry2rs

I saw an article in Bass Master Magazine where a guy used a float with a wacky-worm over weed beds. He said that it worked best on windy days when the float would bob and work the bait.

Garry2rs

Interesting, I was more thinking along the weed edges in 8-12ft of water. Either a wacky or nose hook with a slip float to shake it around. This should leave it in the zone longer and hopefully peeve them enough to come out... we'll see.

Garry2rs

Thanks Garry...I use the float method with tubes quite often and never thought to use a senko ... will have to give it a try this season...thumbsup_anim.gif