LEAFS for sale

chessy

Well... I never called Illich a genius but having hockey smarts, past business success and knowing when to hire the right people is what makes a successful a good owner. He hired Ken Holland, that wasn't just one good decision that was an outstanding decision. He's also made many more before it. Hiring Scotty Bowman wasn't exactly a bad one. MLSE hires JFJ (Illich would NEVER have hired JFJ)... That gave us Toskala as our starting goalie when Belfour ran dry. That gave us Maurice when they got rid of Quinn.. It's been 7 years, they've made a lot of mistakes in the first 5 and it'll take years before they ever get back to over 100pt/season again.

Oh yea, also how are those Raptors doing too? MLSE you rock.

Hiring Scotty Bowman...a real diamond in the rough...

I think Brian Burke was a great choice but as for Ron Wilson I wouldn't be sad to see him go I think Quinn was far better even with young kids. Wilson is a great coach if he has good, older players but he doesn't understand that benching everyone isn't teaching them they may need his help.

If you had 2.3 billion in the bank. And you knew you wouldn't be allowed to buy something that you wanted. How much would you throw into the pot just to piss them off given that the going rate is 1.3 billion? I would honestly toss in a cool 2billion just to piss them off.

Who would spend 1.3 billion for MLSE, are they outa there minds, you could buy the New York Yankees and the LA dodgers for that kinda cash.Even in a great market both franchise are at best worth 500 mill.

$1.3B represents the 66% share the pension plan owns of MLSE.

MLSE represents alot more than just the Maple Leafs (though obviously it's the crown jewel). Raptors, TFC, Air Canada Centre, Ricoh Centre, BMO Field and god know's what else.

If you buy the Yankees for $500M, Yankee Stadium ain't comin' with the deal.

Who would spend 1.3 billion for MLSE, are they outa there minds, you could buy the New York Yankees and the LA dodgers for that kinda cash.Even in a great market both franchise are at best worth 500 mill.

I think we should let the financial experts determine what the value of the company is, rather than make ridiculous claims backed by nothing on a fishing forum.