We have a serious problem in our world...

l2p

Interesting enough. People are such hypocrites though.

I think the documentary "Food, Inc." is more relevant. Although, I am always skeptical about these types of sensationalized journalism. Still, it's good to be informed and be able to come to your own conclusions after some follow up research.

Interesting enough. People are such hypocrites though.

I think the documentary "Food, Inc." is more relevant. Although, I am always skeptical about these types of sensationalized journalism. Still, it's good to be informed and be able to come to your own conclusions after some follow up research.

Yep!

As interesting (and at times informative) as these documentaries are, people need to realize that they are far from being the be-all-end-all of information on the topic, and that ultimately they're trying to convey their own point of view upon the viewers.

My off-topic 2 cents :whistling:

There's a great one on shark finning as well (SHARKWATER). It was extremely disturbing seeing these idiots cut off fins and throw them back. The guy behind it was a pretty cool guy and really had a love for sharks. He was arrested during the filming of it for attempted murder when trying to get vessels to leave the waters. Definitely a must see if you're in to those.

It is disturbing but having spent some time at slaughterhouses, its not like they are really that much better. Wherever animals of any kind are being slaughtered, its never pretty. And there are always ethical issues. I have seen pigs, which are supposed to be electro-stunned, just have their throats cut to "save" time.

I guess all I am saying is nothing really surprises me....I am not saying I agree or disagree with it. Hows that for vague :whistling:

Funny story - the last movie I worked on while at Technicolor in Toronto was Sharkwater. I was an assistant editor at the time and we were doing a final polish on the film before the TO film festival. While Rob Stewart (Director / Creator) of the film was in our office we had some technical issues with the computer. So our Video Engineer Klaus walks in and see's a shark on the monitor... I kid you not his first words right in front of Rod were "hey - Have you ever tried Shark Fin Soup? It's Great!" lol :thumbsup_anim: :thumbsup_anim:

Anyways, enjoyed both films, and I agree, take what you see in the films then do some research of your own. They're trying to put across a good message, but are also sensationalizing it and bending the edit to get their point of view across.

Cheers,

Ryan

Funny story - the last movie I worked on while at Technicolor in Toronto was Sharkwater. I was an assistant editor at the time and we were doing a final polish on the film before the TO film festival. While Rob Stewart (Director / Creator) of the film was in our office we had some technical issues with the computer. So our Video Engineer Klaus walks in and see's a shark on the monitor... I kid you not his first words right in front of Rod were "hey - Have you ever tried Shark Fin Soup? It's Great!" lol :thumbsup_anim: :thumbsup_anim:

Anyways, enjoyed both films, and I agree, take what you see in the films then do some research of your own. They're trying to put across a good message, but are also sensationalizing it and bending the edit to get their point of view across.

Cheers,

Ryan

LOL!! :oops: