Interesting gas prices

lew

Now there as true outdoorsman going to Temagami for a honeymoon! :canadian:

If I would have suggested that to my wife there may not have been a honeymoon! :stretcher:

If you had suggested it before the wedding you might have saved enough to have paid for many trips (and even been able to go) LOL

I was watching the Toronto news this morning and they mentioned that because of the recent troubles in the Middle East, gas prices have risen about 6 cents a litre in Toronto in the last couple days .

That's about 27 cents a gallon.

I then switched to an American channel and they said that because of the same troubles in the Middle East gas prices in the States have risen, on average, about 8 cents per gallon.

27 cents per gallon increase here...

8 cents per gallon increase in the States...

A Canadian gallon is only about 20% bigger than an American gallon but our increase is about 3 1/2 times more.

I just found that rather interesting.

Yeah Lew. It`s happening again! It`s like everything else. There`s nothing you can buy here, that can`t be purchased cheaper State-side.

Fred

I try to stay away from politics but I've heard Obama say twice that he feels a good price for gasoline is $5.00 a gallon. He feels that this would put the U.S. more in line with the rest of the world. If he truely believes this he is a fool. If you want to kill the ecomony, raise gasoline. It affects everything.

Goldman Sacs, which has very close ties to Obama, is the prime "driver" of rising gas prices. They make a prediction as to where oils futures are headed and oil shoots up $3.00 a barrel. There is no oil shortage. The big money is controlling the futures market (George Soros & friends). When they get the prices high enough, they dump their holdings and screw the small investor. If the futures market was required to take possession of the product they were speculating on, the problem would be solved.

My $.02

Remember, the price of gas & oil is dictated by the open market.......Isn't this the way you want it......if you don't like the price of gas now purchase some oil stocks....if you can't beat them, join them.

35% of my portfolio is in oil/energy. I'll fish this season. Vanguard. No load. Low operating cost. No middle man.